We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carate Questions

Providence, RI
reviews: 3
Carate Questions

My partner and I are preparing for our fifth trip to Costa Rica, which will be our third trip to the Osa. We're flying in and out of Puerto Jimenez, and staying nine nights total. The first three nights are at Agua Dulce Resort on Playa Platanares, then we're renting a car and driving ourselves to Carate for three nights at LagunaVista Villas, then driving back to Puerto Jimenez and taking a boat to Saladero Lodge for the final three nights.

My questions are about the Carate leg of our trip. We want to drive ourselves so my partner can fish some of the streams along the way, and so we can have lunch that day at Martina's. Is there anything else to see or stops to make as we drive from Matapalo to Carate?

Right now, we're not planning to hike into Corcovado, because it doesn't seem worth it for day hike -- are there other trails in the area (outside of the park) that we can hike on? I know the beach in that area is not usually good for swimming or boogie boarding, but keeping in mind that we'll have a car, is there anywhere in the area that would be good for that? I know the hotel we're staying at is located on a lagoon that has kayaking -- are there any other activities in the area we shouldn't miss?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or information! We've been in Puerto Jimenez and Matapalo on previous trips, but Carate will be new to us.

1. Re: Carate Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 19, 2013