We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rain in Sept/Oct

Canada
reviews: 17
Rain in Sept/Oct

We have had to delay our trip to Osa and we're thinking of traveling in September or October but just wondering how much rain to expect. Would it be all day downpour or intermittent? Would it make hiking a challenge?

San Jose, Costa Rica
1. Re: Rain in Sept/Oct

Nice if you really like wet hikes...really wet...really the peak of the rainy season...how much rai ? Honestly only God knows...sorry I do not want to sound sarcastic...

roadadvisor

Canada
2. Re: Rain in Sept/Oct

LOL thank you for your honesty

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Sarapiqui
reviews: 75
3. Re: Rain in Sept/Oct

The entire Osa peninsula pretty much shuts down for tourism in October, due to the horrendous rains (average of 1 inch of rain per day--27 inches for the month). I would look at a different area of the country.

Canada
4. Re: Rain in Sept/Oct

Thank you, we're looking at perhaps the Caribbean side. Osa is on my bucket list but boy it's sure expensive!

San Jose, Costa Rica
5. Re: Rain in Sept/Oct

It is woth it every penny ...but yes expensive...

I think the Caribbean side of my lovely country is waiting for you guys!

roadadvisor

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Sarapiqui
reviews: 75
6. Re: Rain in Sept/Oct

The Osa is my favorite part of Costa Rica. It can be done relatively affordably, with much research.

But, your trip does seem tailored for Tortuguero/Pacuare/Puerto Viejo/Cahuita.

Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
reviews: 9
7. Re: Rain in Sept/Oct

September is the Caribbean month - calm seas, sunny days and few tourists. What more can you ask for. Sorry you can`t make it to Osa on this trip but it just gives you an excuse to revisit Costa Rica on another occasion. If you are looking for hiking - try Manzanillo to Gandoca, an incredible hike through forest next to and even into the ocean, along the beach, up and down cliffs in this very special reserve which is home to manatee, crocodiles, monkeys and many more animals and plant life.

Consider making Cahuita or another part of the coast as your base and enjoy! Hope you have a great vacation!

Lake Havasu City...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
reviews: 5
8. Re: Rain in Sept/Oct

While is totally a different experience than Osa, Tortuguero National Park is incredible and unique, lots of wildlife. Cahuita and Puerto Viejo area is incredible too, many visitors see more wildlife there than the rest of the country, plus the beaches are beautiful.

9. Re: Rain in Sept/Oct

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, July 11, 2013