We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any estimated date for Cano to reopen land tours

Tennessee
reviews: 21
Any estimated date for Cano to reopen land tours

Wondering if there has been any estimated date as to when the tours will be able to access the actual island. Will be going in Jan or Feb of 2013 and just wondering if we will be able to explore the island.

Thanks

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
1. Re: Any estimated date for Cano to reopen land tours

I think by then the island is going to be open...I visited the island a few weeks ago with some members of Minaet...really nice work they are doing there...a lot better than the condition they were a few months ago...really worth it to wait...thank you MINAET!

roadadvisor

Tennessee
reviews: 21
2. Re: Any estimated date for Cano to reopen land tours

awesome. thanks.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
3. Re: Any estimated date for Cano to reopen land tours

You are WELCOME...hopefullly you will visit the island...check google the stone spheres at Caño Island...

Perhaps the most interesting thing about this magical island is the stone spheres found there. It is the only known place on the earth where these spheres have been found. While no one is certain as to the creation of these perfect spheres, there are a number of theories.

The most common of these being that the Indians who inhabited the Osa Peninsula carved them as offerings to the Gods for the departed. Other theories include space travelers who set them up as markers to be used in navigation. My theory is that they were part of a massive explosion sending molten lava so high into the atmosphere the spherical drops of lava hardened into perfect spheres before returning to earth.

No one really knows how they got there. There are hundreds of them in the area and still more have been removed and taken to be used as monuments in other areas of Costa Rica. COPY PASTE!

Gracias for visiting my country!

roadadavisor

Edited: 1:01 am, June 28, 2012
4. Re: Any estimated date for Cano to reopen land tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:45 am, June 30, 2013