We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I am reluctant to post this

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Grants Pass Or.
reviews: 3
I am reluctant to post this

We recently returned from Montezuma and we stayed at Casa Colores. I have to admit that I was more than impressed with the area as well as Casa Colores. I will go first with the area, this was my 10th visit to this incredible country. I had not been to this area in particular, The beaches were spectacular and My wife and I added another "have to return to" area. I really wanted to talk about Casa Colores. They are about a mile out of Montezuma proper, up on the hill. The owners Ruben and his wife Catrine have built a wonderful place for people to enjoy Costa Rica. They have I believe 6 cabins and a pool. The location is great for cooling down in the evenning. I am reluctant to post this because I want to go back and be able to get to stay there again. As you can tell we were more than happy with all they have to offer and assist you with so willingly!!!

11 replies to this topic
Nowhere
Destination Expert
for Playa Samara
reviews: 52
1. Re: I am reluctant to post this

Glad to read that you had such a great experience. Although, I admit, I am not sure why you are reluctant to post it.

Are you afraid that you'll contribute to the discovery of some hidden gem? If so, don't be - Montezuma has been on the radar of most CR tourists for decades. I am also sure that Casa Colores can deal with a few more positive reviews...

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
reviews: 36
2. Re: I am reluctant to post this

I'm with Framp, don't be reluctant at all. Hidden gems are great to hear about. For me that's what I want to hear more than anything else. Thanks for telling us about it.

Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
reviews: 16
3. Re: I am reluctant to post this

But that is precisely why he does not want to post it :) he wants it to remain a hidden gem and not become a victim of its own success.

But Bob, thanks for posting. the place is probably exactly what some people are looking for.

Dearborn, Michigan
reviews: 9
4. Re: I am reluctant to post this

I was confused by the title as well. Many won't click on it since they won't know what your posting is about. If you'd titled it "Casa Colores is AWESOME!" it'd be super useful and I'm sure they'd love you even more :)

Be sure to go and give them a good review!

I know the area is semi-popular as a tourist destination, but it's been a hidden gem for ages and I'm sure it will continuer to be for a long while.

Gary

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
reviews: 54
5. Re: I am reluctant to post this

Bob, Thank You for revealing your hidden gem. I am sure that owners will remember you when their place will start filling up, and save you a cabin.

Grants Pass Or.
6. Re: I am reluctant to post this

Thank you all for reading and understanding my intent. We loved the place and the owners. They will have to build some addittional cabins.....I figured the title would get a few serious peoples interest and it did.

Edited: 9:00 am, March 01, 2014
Toronto, Canada
reviews: 74
7. Re: I am reluctant to post this

Your post worked for me... was very curious. Glad to hear it was nothing bad and will rememeber the rave review.

Grants Pass Or.
8. Re: I am reluctant to post this

Thanks Lesab33

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
reviews: 10
9. Re: I am reluctant to post this

Glad to hear you enjoyed the area and I totally hear you about the reluctance to post a treasure. So many hidden 'gems' and some owners of these places like to keep things to a dull roar and some are seriously 'hungry for business'! You let the cat out of the bag now!

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 74
10. Re: I am reluctant to post this

Con mucho gusto bob. I even went and read the reviews. Leaving for CR in 3 sleeps and already planning next trip. Sickness it is.

Casa Colores. (.house of colours ) is right up my alley. I pick spots by the colours.

Reply to: I am reluctant to post this
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted