We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay ?

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Where to stay ?

to those who know Montezuma, do you recommend rather CASITAS SOLLEVANTE or AMOR DE MAR as a place to stay? I know that both of them are slightly out of town and would like some advice or opinions... Thanks !

nyc
reviews: 17
1. Re: Where to stay ?

not sure about first one, but Hotel Amor is nice, its right on the water, and the waterfalls are behind, and its 10 min walk to a beautiful beach Las Manchas. There are tons of spots to stay in and out of town, and just because you are not in the town center does not mean you are missing a thing, if u rent a house from homeaway like agua vista or in delicas you will get a sick view and low price and its fun to hike. the town is small itself, but the beaches and activites are spread out a bit, its my 6 year going back and i never get bored.

Linden, New Jersey
reviews: 9
2. Re: Where to stay ?

When I came to Montezuma, I rented a place in Delicias, and the view was spectacular. We also had an SUV the whole week so getting to town wasn't much of a hassle (although I have to be honest, the roads were a new experience for me!).

But, I could see playa las manchas from our balcony and we could see how many people were there to make the decision to head down or not.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 14
3. Re: Where to stay ?

We stayed at Amor de Mar in Nov and it was wonderful. The room was beautiful, it was very quiet and the view was terrific. I wouldn't have called it out of town. I would stay there again in a heart beat. The tidal pool was a bonus.

Dearborn, Michigan
reviews: 9
4. Re: Where to stay ?

Amor Del Mar is nice (and has the greenest grass around!), it's out of town but it's still flat road (it's right by the waterfall entrance, so not super far).

Some of the other out of town places are uphill, the one hill is gets steep once you start to get away from town (towards Cobano), the other super steep hill (towards Delicious) is practically straight up and down (okay I'm exaggerating, but it's really steep and even hard to walk DOWN the hill).

Googling Casitas Sollevante looks like that it's up towards Cobano, but I can't tell how far from town (hundreds or feet or a thousands of feet) so I don't know how far up the hill (or how steep) it goes. From written directions (on their site?) it says it's 6km from Cobano and I thought Montezuma was 7km. IF it's 1km from Montezuma, that's probably kind of steep by the time you get there (where as your other choices is super flat and the walk is mostly along the water). On the distance to Casitas Sollevante, if anyone has any better info, please speak up, it's probably more accurate than my estimate.

If you have a car, then none of the distance/steepness really matters...

Gary

5. Re: Where to stay ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, March 18, 2015