We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

must do in Montezuma!

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 1
must do in Montezuma!

Hello,

In 3 weeks, we'll be in Costa Rica for the 4th year in a row, we love the country!

This will be our first time in Montezuma and I was wondering what are the must things to do, see as well as places to eat.

We will stay at Hotel Amor del Mar for 4 nights in mid-february.

16 replies to this topic
San Jose, Costa Rica
11. Re: must do in Montezuma!

If you walk through town, past the entrance to the beach and the school, nad carry on up the track, there is a turtle conservation project where you can always lend a hand for the morning!! you may even be lucky enough to be able to participate in releasing baby turtles! Its a national NGO that runs it, with the help of international volunteers.

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 1
12. Re: must do in Montezuma!

Thank you!

Sounds like something we would like to do! We will check it out for sure :-)

Dearborn, Michigan
reviews: 9
13. Re: must do in Montezuma!

Unless you get really lucky, I think you'll miss out on the turtles. I was told around the 12th that all the nests that were left were already past the time for when they were supposed to hatch (45 days, I think?). So in a few more weeks it'll be really pas that timeline. But you might get lucky, you never know.

There is also another turtle place in the same direction but 45-60 minutes up the beach from Montezuma (the big surfing area). If your'e walking to see El Chorro waterfalls (2 hour hike) you'll pass it, but if it's super low tide and you're down by the water, you'll completely miss it. They seem very knowledgable at the second one, at the first one they generally seem kind of clueless (although I've met a few people who worked there, while not working, and they seemed very knowledgeable).

Gary

San Jose, Costa Rica
14. Re: must do in Montezuma!

The waterfall and entrance is very close from Amor de Mar.

roadadvisor

nyc
reviews: 17
15. Re: must do in Montezuma!

if you walk right for about 10 minutes theres a nice little beach called Las Manchas, small little white beach with aqua water, just be careful of rough currents and corals but its beautiful and away from the crowds!

San Jose, Costa Rica
16. Re: must do in Montezuma!

Ah yes - Romelia?? Thats a shame you thought the people at thefirst project were clueless! Can I ask why? did you go there and speak to any of the staff or volunteers?

Romelia isa beautiful place too - the beach is awesome!

Reply to: must do in Montezuma!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted