We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

must do in Montezuma!

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary, Canada
reviews: 2
must do in Montezuma!

Hello,

In 3 weeks, we'll be in Costa Rica for the 4th year in a row, we love the country!

This will be our first time in Montezuma and I was wondering what are the must things to do, see as well as places to eat.

We will stay at Hotel Amor del Mar for 4 nights in mid-february.

Bermuda
Destination Expert
for Bermuda
reviews: 26
1. Re: must do in Montezuma!

right across the street from amor de mar is the river hike up to the montezuma falls. i found that all the food in 'zuma was pretty good, but playa de las artistas is one of the highest ranked in the whole country, and it's about a three minute walk from your hotel, out the door and turn left.

Calgary, Canada
2. Re: must do in Montezuma!

Thanks! So looking forward to go:-)

Calgary, Canada
3. Re: must do in Montezuma!

Anything else we don't want to miss?

Bermuda
Destination Expert
for Bermuda
4. Re: must do in Montezuma!

if you walk along the beach, away from adm and the town, past ylang ylang, you can pick up a trail that mostly meanders through the jungle behind the beach and is usually quite busy with all types of wildlife, as good as any national park i've been into. if you follow this path for 2-3 hours it will eventually take you to el chorro waterfall, one of only two falls on the planet that empty directly into the ocean, though at that time of year it is likely to be not much more water flowing than your garden hose at home, but still beautiful. another favourite is to rent an atv and zoom through the mountains over to mal pais and st teresa for a day.

Calgary, Canada
5. Re: must do in Montezuma!

Great thank you:-)

How are the beaches around Hotel Amor del Mar?

Bermuda
Destination Expert
for Bermuda
6. Re: must do in Montezuma!

coming from bermuda, i shouldn't be queried on beaches!

Dearborn, Michigan
reviews: 9
7. Re: must do in Montezuma!

The area right by Hotel Amor del Mar is pretty rocky. But there is beach nearby.

This is a panorama I took from the rocks near Amor del Mar just last week, the green grassy area below the sun is the hotel area. As you can see from the link, it's pretty rocky.

photosynth.net/view.aspx…

There is some beachy area just across the river to the NE.

Also, I did just do the zip lines in Montezuma this trip and they're awesome!

Gary

Calgary, Canada
8. Re: must do in Montezuma!

Great, thank you for the panorama view!

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 14
9. Re: must do in Montezuma!

We were there in Nov at Amor de Mar and loved it. Our fav dinners were at Kalibo, a short walk down the road. The boat trip to Isla Tortuga, which we got a good deal on by booking the same morning was definitely worth the boat ride. The water there was nice for swimming and meeting Philomena, the pig, was fun too. We also hiked at Cabo Blanco, which is a must do and rented bikes for a day. We were there six days and had no trouble filling in time. Wish I was there right now. Enjoy! Also, enjoy the tidal pool in front of the hotel. It's great.

Dearborn, Michigan
reviews: 9
10. Re: must do in Montezuma!

I really like the food at Las Delicias, on the corner across from Chicos, it's tapas(isn) but large portions. La Narajo (next to Organico) is good, go on thursday when they have good music at Organico.

The place at the end of the street with the view of the ocean is good, but more expensive, so don't go at night since you're paying for the view, go during the day when you can see it.

And the pizza slices are good at Bruno's too. Sit upstairs for an excellent view. (Most people don't realize there is an upstairs)

Gary

Edited: 10:37 am, January 20, 2014