We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best airport to fly in to?

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Madison, WI
Best airport to fly in to?

My hubby and I are headed to Montezuma in January, is it best to fly into the San Jose or Liberia airport? Thanks!

Costa Rica
reviews: 23
1. Re: Best airport to fly in to?

Either one. It's about the same amount of time. If you are only going to Montezuma, it won't matter. If you are going somewhere else, it might matter.

www.yourtravelmap.com

LIR Liberia is about 15 minutes west of the town of Liberia. SJO San Jose is actually in Alajuela, not San Jose.

If the flight arrangements and ticket prices are similar, then I would pick LIR Liberia simply because it's a lot easier and quicker to get in and out. No traffic issues and a bit smaller airport.

Madison, WI
2. Re: Best airport to fly in to?

Good to know, thank you!

3. Re: Best airport to fly in to?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 24, 2014