We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

U.S. Family of 4 looking for longterm Montezuma home rental

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Northern California
reviews: 9
U.S. Family of 4 looking for longterm Montezuma home rental

My family is spending a sabbatical year in Costa Rica. My children will be attending Escuela Futuro Verde in Cobano and we are looking for an affordable long term rental from the middle of September 2013 until July 2014. Our budget is between $900-$1200 per month and we hope very much to find a house with at least 3 bedrooms. Since we will not have a vehicle to use regularly and will need to rely on buses- proximity to a bus line, the school location or to foot-accessible roads is important. Any suggestions or properties out there? We are also very willing to property manage or house sit for some or part of our stay. I can provide references and resumes if you are interested. My husband teaches English at a college in California and I am a part-time teacher and artist. We have a small 14 lb. Pug dog who will accompany us. She is well-behaved and 8 years old. We would appreciate ANY information or advice you may have for us. Thank you!

7 replies to this topic
Costa Rica
reviews: 24
1. Re: U.S. Family of 4 looking for longterm Montezuma home rental

Your best bet is to rent a hotel or cabina or other lodging for a few days and then look around and ask around. Anything you rent on the internet will be more expensive and may not actually be what you want in the area you want. Actually being there will give you the opportunity to look around and pick something in an area you like and you can actually see the property. Unless money is no object, word of mouth is really the way things are done here.

I would also suggest that you check in at the ARCR (Association of Residents of Costa Rica) forum www.arcr.net Lots of residents of Costa Rica participate and can give you a lot of feedback about rental contracts, phone service, renewing your tourist visa, etc.

Northern California
2. Re: U.S. Family of 4 looking for longterm Montezuma home rental

Wow, Hattie. This is a wonderful response and we will take your great advice. I think we will arrange a one month rental and go from there. Thank you so much.

Naranjo, Costa Rica
3. Re: U.S. Family of 4 looking for longterm Montezuma home rental

Hi!

As you are going to take Kathy's advice, maybe "Que Bonito Lodge" in Montezuma works for you. The small cozy lodge is run directly by the owners, a friendly costa rican couple, Pablo y Laura.

They also rent House+Car for long term stays.

You can check out Que Bonito Lodge by following this link https:/…photos_albums Once there, look for volunteer's accomodations in Montezuma

Hope this helps..

Good luck!

- J

Northern California
4. Re: U.S. Family of 4 looking for longterm Montezuma home rental

Thanks you for the tip about que bonito lodge. I am going to look into it ASAP!

Naranjo, Costa Rica
5. Re: U.S. Family of 4 looking for longterm Montezuma home rental

You're very welcome!

Pura Vida!

- J

Austin, Texas
reviews: 4
6. Re: U.S. Family of 4 looking for longterm Montezuma home rental

Cziser, I just sent you a private message!

Lake Havasu City...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
reviews: 4
7. Re: U.S. Family of 4 looking for longterm Montezuma home rental

Hattie is right on the money as usual, rent for a few days at hotel/lodge and ask around. That how you'll find the good homes at a good price.

Reply to: U.S. Family of 4 looking for longterm Montezuma home rental
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted