We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Transportation

I am traveling solo to CR in a few days and while a lot of things are starting to make sense, trying to get in/out of Montezuma seems very difficult without spending a lot of money. My main concern is getting from Montezuma to Liberia airport on April 14 and my flight leaves at 1:20pm. If it involves leaving Montezuma one day earlier I may just have to do that, but I would like to keep it headache free. Please offer any ideas you have, thanks.

Dearborn, Michigan
reviews: 9
11. Re: Transportation

The public bus will be cheaper and fun but the shuttle will be air conditioned and provide no worries and be super-easy. I'd have to factor that in, especially depending on how much luggage you have.

I forgot that I did a blog post on the El Punto hotel I mentioned (above) in Liberia GarySaid.com/el-punto-hotel-b-b-in-liberia-c…

Gary

Costa Rica
reviews: 26
12. Re: Transportation

Luggage is no problem on the bus, really. There will typically be a storage compartment underneath the bus for your luggage. The shuttle is more convenient (12-passenger van, air conditioned, provides hotel to hotel transfer) but it just depends on your budget.

I am not a big fan of El Punto. It's behind a HUGE and busy bus stop (lots of traffic!) and next to a shopping center. Just up the street is "fast food heaven" with McDonalds, Burger King, etc. I would pick something either close to the center of town and more authentic or someplace like Best Western Las Espuelas which is set way back from the highway and quiet with a great swimming pool. (Walking to the center of town is not feasible.)

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
13. Re: Transportation

Thank you for all your suggestions! I travel light, but prefer to make things easier for me on this trip that is coming up in 2 days, so I think I will head to Tamarindo for 1 day. It probably isn't quite my cup of tea, but maybe it will be fun, who knows?

Dearborn, Michigan
14. Re: Transportation

So I'm hoping you're waiting for your airplane since it takes off in an hour! Hope you had an AWESOME trip.

When you get home can you tell us what you did and how?

How did you get to Tamarindo from Montezuma (and the cost)?

How did you get from Tamarindo to the airport (and what was the cost)?

If you used a particular service would you recommend it?

The last couple of times I flew, I saw some slightly cheaper flights to Liberia, but couldn't decide if it was worth the extra effort so I'm looking for info for my next trip.

Thanks,

Gary

15. Re: Transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:40 am, April 15, 2013
Costa Rica
reviews: 26
16. Re: Transportation

OK, five posts by Guanacaste S and 5 posts recommending taxiguanacaste.com

Do you get the feeling that this guy IS taxiguanacaste? And why would you contact taxiguanacaste.com for transportation from SJO to Manuel Antonio? Are they not located in Guanacaste?

I went to the website and there was nothing there about what kind of vehicles they use, if they are licensed and insured or anything else about their business.

Also - there is a description of making a booking - but no way to do it from the website. Huh?

Dearborn, Michigan
17. Re: Transportation

And the fact that my last comment points out that he should be sitting in the airport since his flight takes off in an a hour means he probably does NOT need a taxi!

18. Re: Transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 16, 2014