We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anamaya Resort for couple?

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia...
reviews: 18
Anamaya Resort for couple?

My husband and I are considering a trip to Anamaya Resort in Montezuma in May. It looks amazing, and my husband and I both enjoy nature, hiking, outdoor activities, etc., but I practice yoga and he does not. I'm wondering if anyone can provide their opinion about whether we would feel comfortable/welcome, as opposed to being the only "average" couple surrounded by serious yogis on retreat. I'm not worried that my husband will be bored, since he would be perfectly happy relaxing in a hammock while I practice yoga. We're not looking for a huge party, but we do want to feel like we're on holiday, have a few drinks, and enjoy some good meals (not tiny portion size). Any thoughts here? I've read the rave reviews, but a lot of them seem to be from women who have done the retreats as singles or in a group.

Montezuma, Costa...
1. Re: Anamaya Resort for couple?

Hello 'The Awesomes',

My name is Jen and I am the GM here at Anamaya. Your questions are valid and I will do my best to answer them. I would also encourage you to read Courtney L's message on March 13th. She came to Anamaya with her husband.

Each week, Anamaya welcomes people from all over the world -- couples, solo travelers, business folk and people on a journey. Each arrives at Anamaya with a different yoga practice - some beginners, others looking to revitalize their practice and some who are teachers themselves. All our welcomed to the mat and are guided in whatever practice they need.

Our opening circle on Sunday morning provides a great opportunity for our guests to get to know each other, set an intention for the week and most importantly, connect. Our focus is to truly create a community so that each person can fulfill their reason for being drawn to Anamaya.

Being a yogi is not a requirement to stay at Anamaya. There are plenty of hammocks for relaxing as well as activities to keep you busy... your choice each day.

Regarding your question about food. It is really something that we pride ourselves in. Breakfast and lunch are buffet style with a variety of different options to choose from. For dinner, a sit down meal is served, and there is always extra, if you are still hungry. We don't serve large portions, but we feel like they are balanced and nourishing. And a glass of wine or beer is always available to which we encourage each guest to also be mindful of the entire group.

To sum it up for you, we really want you to feel like Anamaya is your home for the week. And if you ask, we will do our best to make sure your Holiday, is exactly how you want it to be!

Please don't hesitate to email myself or our Reservations team with any other questions.

Best,

Jen Simmons

Jen@AnamayaResort.com

Philadelphia...
reviews: 18
2. Re: Anamaya Resort for couple?

Jen, thank you so much for your reply! This would be our first time booking a retreat package, so I just wasn't sure what to expect. Your description of the experience at Anamaya is very helpful, and it sounds like we would love it.

3. Re: Anamaya Resort for couple?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 02, 2014