We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

water shortage?

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
wauwatosa, wi
water shortage?

heard there are water shortages in the area, anyone know if it's problematic?

Dearborn, Michigan
reviews: 9
1. Re: water shortage?

Since you're not mentioning any thing specific, I kind of feel like you were asking in general and not about a specific water-main break or something.

The last few years I've seen them truck it into other local areas over by Santa Teresa (maybe Mal Pais too) on multiple trips before (I don't know what happens when the trucks get there, I have no idea where it goes).

I've heard them mention it in Montezuma before but can't recall experiencing any issues. But I think the few hotels I've stayed at have had water reserve tanks so they have water in reserve if things get low, so you'd never really notice.

I think a few times there were issues (I've been in Montezuma many times over many years), but we were told it'd be off in the afternoon for repairs somewhere and it was back on like they said.

Overall, I think Montezuma needs more water supply, I've heard some hotel staff talking after some inspectors were around a few trips ago.

Back to the question, this week being such a super busy week, I wouldn't be surprised but again that depends on your hotel.

Gary

FYI, I drink bottled water when I'm there, I buy the 3 gallon jugs and just keep filling up my water bottles, I use this to brush my teeth too.

Montezuma, Costa...
reviews: 4
2. Re: water shortage?

Those who want to visit the tourist community of Montezumado not be afraid as recent improvements to supply the aqueduct system have eliminated the problems of water shortages in the lower part of town. Montezuma is fully stocked with water and welcomes all who wish to honor us with your visit.

www.montezumainfo.net

wauwatosa, wi
3. Re: water shortage?

well it turns out that the pump/water cistern in Cabuya had problems after the earthquake back in late 2012 and with the amount of visitors to the area it exacerbated the issues. apparently the problem was fixed the week after Easter but we still experienced some shortages the day after it was complete. hopefully it is up and fully functioning now.

4. Re: water shortage?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 09, 2014