We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buses to Panama City and Volcano tours in Costa Rica

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Canada
reviews: 24
Buses to Panama City and Volcano tours in Costa Rica

I am spending a week in Montezuma and after that week is over, I am heading back to San Jose CR to catch a bus (TicaBus) to Panama City. I was wondering if there is a way I can do this without having to backtrack to San Jose. Is there a bus that can take me to Panama City anywhere near Montezuma? I was also wondering about the Volcanoes as I would like to do a tour of one nearby. I am not sure how close they are to Montezuma but does anyone know if there are any tour operators in the area who go to any of them?

Costa Rica
1. Re: Buses to Panama City and Volcano tours in Costa Rica

Andrea - you really need to do a bit of research about Costa Rica. Here's a great website: www.govisitcostarica.com and this one: www.yourtravelmap.com

There is NOTHING near Montezuma -- not a volcano, not a bus for Panama City. If you look at the map, you will see that it is at the tip of the Nicoya Peninsula, a very remote area.

Your best bet is to head back to San Jose for your bus to Panama.

If you want to see a volcano (and you really should), then plan on spending an extra night somewhere near the airport and go to Poas Volcano in the morning. Otherwise, split your time between Montezuma and Arenal. www.arenal.net

Sydney, Canada
2. Re: Buses to Panama City and Volcano tours in Costa Rica

Thank you so much...I am aware that Montezuma is quite remote but I thought I would ask anyway....I think you are right...my best bet is to try and stay an extra night in San Jose and take a Volcano tour from there!

3. Re: Buses to Panama City and Volcano tours in Costa Rica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, March 08, 2014