We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ylang ylang

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
wisconsin
reviews: 14
Ylang ylang

Looking to stay at Ylang Ylang Beach resort. Does anyone have direct knowledge of the shoreline there? We have 3 teenagers who love to swim.

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Sarapiqui
reviews: 75
1. Re: Ylang ylang

The shoreline immediately in front of it is okay but rocky in places. But that didn't stop us from bogeyboarding there.

Walking 5-10 minutes in either direction produces more swimmer-friendly, wading beaches.

Be warned that rip tides are an issue wherever you are on the Pacific coast.

Montezuma, Costa...
reviews: 3
2. Re: Ylang ylang

there are several good beaches for swimming in the area. Also is the waves are too big or just not good for swimming the Ylang Ylang Beach Resort have a very nice swimming pool.

Dearborn, Michigan
reviews: 9
3. Re: Ylang ylang

It is a nice pool! With hammocks and WiFi!!

There are some nice spots farther up the beach (past Ylang Ylang) that a usually not very busy too.

Gary

wisconsin
reviews: 14
4. Re: Ylang ylang

Thanks for all your help. This is our Christmas trip for 2013 so planning ahead. Any other things that we must do while in the Ylang Ylang area?

Dearborn, Michigan
reviews: 9
5. Re: Ylang ylang

Things to do around there:

1:45 min up the beach from Ylang Ylang is a waterfall worth seeing, it's not the most popular one since it's farther away but definitely take the trip.

There is other waterfalls on the other side of Montezuma (the "Main" falls) that have a 90 foot falls, 40 foot falls above it, and 15 foot falls. All with pools for swimming in and a rope swing up between the 15 and 40 foot falls. They are very nice, I go to these falls EVERY day when I'm in Montezuma unless I'm doing some other activity.

Cabo Blanco national park is at the south end of the peninsula. It's one of (the?) most protected park and it has a 2 hour hike to the beach via up/down paths (it's a rough trip if you're out of shape) and it's a nice beach and lots of animals in the forest if you stop and be quiet every so often (closed ALL Mondays and Tuesdays and I believe it's open on holidays).

Santa Teresa has some nice beaches and sunsets so check that out.

Rent some of the 4x4 ATV things and travel around the lower end of the peninsula for a day. You can see a lot.

You mentioned Christmas: Depending on when you leave and arrive, traffic might be a little cRaZy, Costa Ricans get a lot of time off (1.5 to 2 weeks) at Christmas (and a week at Easter, which I think is busier) and migrate for the coasts. The big concern if you're taking a ferry and driving yourself you could be in for some waits for the ferry. Services like the shuttle busses drop you at the ferry and you walk on so the long lines aren't an issue (I've never seen them turn away walk-ons).

Gary

Cleveland, Ohio
reviews: 31
6. Re: Ylang ylang

Hi the beach right in front is rocky but beautiful you can walk to a less rocky beach not far away. I loved this area enjoy

7. Re: Ylang ylang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 06, 2014