I have decided to go to Montezuma sometime this fall, and will probably be traveling alone (I am a 42 year old woman). While not the most experienced world traveler, I am comfortable with budget hotels, diverse types of people and situations, and figuring out things on my own.
I have found a few hotels I am interested in, including Hotel Los Mangos, but would love any advice on the right place per my preferences, which are:
1. $60 or less per night (off season),
2. Relatively private with balcony or patio. Would do shared bathroom if everything else seemed a good fit.
3. Within comfortable walking distance to town, restaurants, and beaches. I will not be renting a car, and would prefer not more than about a 15 minute walk to different places that is not too steep or trecherous.
4. At least moderate wildlife presence. I would be bummed out if I didn't view some monkeys from my balcony.
5. I don't need a kitchen but a small fridge would be nice.
Thanks for any help you can provide!