We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

short video i made

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Linden, New Jersey
reviews: 5
short video i made

be kind, haha! i tried my best :)

i stayed at:

holiday inn express (1 night)

montezuma heights colibri cabin vacation rental (7 nights)

adventure inn hotel (1 night)

http://youtu.be/OUxCEs-nwYA

i want to thank you all for your helpful suggestions along the way. i had a really great time in Costa Rica. so many mundane things were so entertaining from shopping in a grocery store to going to the bank. and still, there are so many things i wanted to do, but didn't get the time. (i spent too much time on the playa..which is okay by me) it's amazing how such a small country has so much to do and see. pura vida :)

Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
reviews: 9
1. Re: short video i made

What a fantastic view from your cabin! Loved your video. Thanks for sharing your vacation.

San Diego...
2. Re: short video i made

Enjoyed the video Valerie. I'm excited for my first trip to CR this week!

I noticed you had a vehicle. How was driving like? I too will have a rental to explore this beautiful country.

Pura Vida!

Dearborn, Michigan
3. Re: short video i made

Excellent. Thank you for sharing. Brings back memories and makes me want to return even more!

Thanks for posting! It's always nice to hear back from people after the trip :)

So how high up the hill was Montezuma Heights? I remember some other people asking about it a while back...

Gary

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
reviews: 57
4. Re: short video i made

Nice video. It is not your hands but the bumpy road ;))) Fantastic views. Awesome music. Thanks!

Linden, New Jersey
5. Re: short video i made

Thanks everyone!!

Rob - It was a straight shot from the airport to the ferry and all nicely paved highway with many tolls. On the Paquera side, the southern Nicoya peninsula, we found all dirt roads with many potholes. In the Montezuma area specifically, it gets challenging as the road is only big enough for one vehicle so you have to be mindful of stray dogs, pedestrians and oncoming traffic. Not a huge deal, though.

Gary - The road to the cabin was absolutely terrifying the first time around because I forgot to put the truck in 4 wheel drive! So we were slipping and sliding with a cliff on one side of us and no guard rail. There are times where you can't even see the road in front of you while going down, it is so steep. It also twists and bends into blind turns. I gave a little beep-beep before turning the corner just for safety. Certainly an adventure, but by the end of the trip I was driving it in the dark..so you get used to it! :)

Dearborn, Michigan
6. Re: short video i made

So it was located up the hill past the butterfly gardens? Or it was somewhere completely different?

Gary

Linden, New Jersey
7. Re: short video i made

Yep, you take that road up and make a left near the butterfly gardens

Edited: 5:42 pm, January 08, 2013
Dearborn, Michigan
8. Re: short video i made

And then you cross the bridge in the video?

(with you in the photo on the bridge near the end of the video).

That's a wild ride over in that area (if that's the place).

Gary

Linden, New Jersey
9. Re: short video i made

Yeah, haha..the bridge is part of the journey to the house.

Here's some driving footage: http://youtu.be/-ZuqLKM9u9o

10. Re: short video i made

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, January 10, 2014