We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drive Time and Ferry

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wisconsin
reviews: 1
Drive Time and Ferry

Approximate drive time Samara to Montezuma?

Approximate drive time Montezuma to Paquera?

Is the traffic on the ferry heavy the first few weeks in March?

Edited: 4:13 pm, November 16, 2012
Dearborn, Michigan
reviews: 9
1. Re: Drive Time and Ferry

Not sure on the drive times. Montezuma to Paquera, about 90 minutes?

I stop a lot and be a tourist so the few times I've been to Samara, it probably took me all day. So no clue. The easiest way to Samara has been to go back towards Paquera and travel up the east coast of the peninsula, I've been sent up along the west side before, but I've hit a river (and you can't see the road on the other side) so I didn't know what to do :(

The ferry will be super super busy Easter Week. The last week of March.

Otherwise I'd say most weekdays you'd be okay, weekends might be busier. I rarely rent (I usually take the shuttle or bus), but I've never missed a ferry and had to take the next. Plus, last year they replaced the smaller ferry so I'm sure that helps.

Gary

Montezuma, Costa...
reviews: 3
2. Re: Drive Time and Ferry

4 1/2 from Samara to Montezuma with the current road conditions.

a little more than 1 hrs from Montezuma to Paquera.

I always recommend to my clients to arrive the ferry at least 2 hrs prior ferry departure during high season periods.

During March. and if you have 4x4 you may want to do the beach drive. From Samara to Carrillo, Carrillo to Punta Islita, Punta Islita to Ario + Ario to Bongo + Bongo to Playa Hermosa + Playa Hermosa to Santa Teresa, Santa Teresa to Montezuma.

Wisconsin
reviews: 1
3. Re: Drive Time and Ferry

Humberto-

I love your thinking but this year is going a 3 week whirlwind tour to catch up with old and new friends so I will get plenty of driving without the beach roads. I did do the Samara to Carrillo and then to Punta Islita last year and would highly recommend it. Samara up to Nosara is a lot of fun too.

Thanks all for your help,

Dusty

Montezuma, Costa...
reviews: 3
4. Re: Drive Time and Ferry

Sure anytime!! My pleasure!!

5. Re: Drive Time and Ferry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, December 16, 2013