We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing near Montezuma

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Virginia
reviews: 31
Fishing near Montezuma

I'm planning to stay in Montezuma for three days next week (11/19-11/21). I love to fish both in-shore and off-shore. Would love to do an affordable charter with just 3 of us. Anyone have any tips on who to check with on a charter?

Dearborn, Michigan
reviews: 9
1. Re: Fishing near Montezuma

Ask around at a few of the travel places in town. Also, look for some signs on the "bulletin boards" which are by the ATM machine and another to the right of the Pizza Parlor. Ask someone at the hotel too.

BUT, that said, it doesn't seem to be a big thing in the Montezuma area. The few times I've seen it come up people have had problems finding other people to share the boat with. But you've got 3 of you so it might not be an issue to just get a huge boat.

I always see locals fishing on shore off the big rocks toward Cabuya (just a few minutes walk south of the waterfall "parking lot". But they don't have gear, they've just got a spool and throw out the line. I think I've seen locals north of montezuma too (but a 45-60 min walk).

Gary

Virginia
reviews: 31
2. Re: Fishing near Montezuma

Thanks, Gary. Hopefully someone else will see this that has chartered a boat before. Only two of my group wants to fish and the advertised charters are expensive for just two people to share.

San Jose, Costa Rica
3. Re: Fishing near Montezuma

The best is to shop around once in Montezuma...so many people on Internet offering charters that are not affordable at all...also be extra carefulll boaut middle people...some HUGE clowns around looking for your money!

roadadvisor

Dearborn, Michigan
reviews: 9
4. Re: Fishing near Montezuma

I'd just ask at multiple places and tell them you'll check in daily to see if they have other people interested in sharing.

Or put a few signs of your own up on the bulletin board. Print them out beforehand with the dates you might want to share and print a phone or email address on them?

Just a thought.

Gary

nyc
reviews: 17
5. Re: Fishing near Montezuma

I saw some signs in Cabayu a town past montezumna a few miles that do little fishing trips. I saw a sign near one hotel that did a little boat trip for 100 bucks. im sure its nothing fancy like in florida keys, but you'll get to be on a boat and they will take you to some spots. locals fish off the coral rocks near cabuyu and las manchas beach too. just ask some locals when you are there. like go to chicos bar, in the day time local men and expats hang out and drink beer they will tell you where to go

6. Re: Fishing near Montezuma

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 am, December 16, 2013