We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Montezuma or Santa Tersa

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 32
Montezuma or Santa Tersa

Hi eveyone,

I was wondering if I could get some advice?

We have 4 days to spend in the Nicoya area. We are travelling from Dominical.

We can't decide if we should stay in Montezuma or Santa Teresa.

I should add that we are planning to stay 2 nights in Samara out of the four.

Should we just spend our time in Samara or is it worth staying a couple of nights in either Montezuma or Sanat Tersea

Thanks Nick

Dearborn, Michigan
reviews: 9
11. Re: Montezuma or Santa Tersa

Responding to Wefish88's comment:

If you're only going to pick on place, I'd pick the Montezuma/Santa Teresa area. It's lest touristy then Samara and much smaller towns. Montezuma (my choice) has the beautiful waterfalls, is a smaller centralized town vs. Santa Teresa's spread out (super) dusty road layout. BUt be sure to head over to ST for a sunset and to check out their beaches too.

Gary

EDIT: I hadn't seen you'd already decided on Samara. I'm am curious more about Nosara so please keep us updated once you go...

Edited: 12:19 pm, November 08, 2012
San Jose, Costa Rica
12. Re: Montezuma or Santa Tersa

Yopu are WELCOME Nick!

roadadvisor

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 32
13. Re: Montezuma or Santa Tersa

I will definitely provide an pdate after we return.

Thank you all again!

God Bless!

nyc
reviews: 17
14. Re: Montezuma or Santa Tersa

I stay in montezuma and the mal pais area a month every year, last trip we spent the last 5 days in Samira. While I did like Samira, it was pretty beaches ect. it didn't have the rugged charm of the montezuma mal pais are. I would advise you to visit montezuma first for a day, then go to mal pais from there you can drive if its dry season from mal pais up to samara a few hours. its def worth the trip.

15. Re: Montezuma or Santa Tersa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, November 28, 2013