We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Red tide in late June?

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia...
reviews: 5
Red tide in late June?

I've been reading about the problem with red tide around montezuma. If i understand correctly it is worst at the end of the dry session. I know that no one can predict the weather, but should the tides and beaches be "back to normal" by late June? Or were they better last June? Was the fish and seafood safe to eat by late June? Thanks for all input. I will be traveling with two children. One with significant special needs.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
1. Re: Red tide in late June?

Red tide is gone...and hopefully stays away for a while...everything back to normal...fish better than ever!

roadadvisor

Montezuma, Costa...
reviews: 3
2. Re: Red tide in late June?

Agreed wtih roadadvisor, Red tide is gone, actually for weeks all ready!!!

I took one of the boats for a little morning fishing, we when from Tambor to Cabo Blanco and everything is very nice and beautiful.

Philadelphia...
reviews: 5
3. Re: Red tide in late June?

Thank you for your responses. Do you know if there has been red tide in late June/early July? That is the time that we would like to be in the area.

Montezuma, Costa...
reviews: 3
4. Re: Red tide in late June?

That is not possible to predict unfortunately. It is nature!!

5. Re: Red tide in late June?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, November 22, 2013