We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

earthquake

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 92
earthquake

any damage in Montezuma due to earthquake this morning? I heard that there was a mudslide onto the highway connecting Puntarenas and SJ.

San Jose, Costa Rica
1. Re: earthquake

They were checking on a bridge by Pan Am Hwy...I have had not heard anyting about the mud slides...but I will not be surprised if is one around there...very unastable soil around San Ramon..and Macacona...!

roadadvisor

Dearborn, Michigan
reviews: 9
2. Re: earthquake

I read a bunch of the news (nothing on Montezuma) and looked at a bunch of Montezuma facebook pages and saw nothing other than casual mentions of feeling it. Stuff falling off shelves etc. Minor damage.

I looked at most people who had "Montezuma" listed at home.

I saw they lost electricity earlier but I don't know for how long (or if it's back) but they said they still had cell service (and internet on the phone) but batteries on those will die soon (if not the towers).

I read that someone had "evacuated" to Cobano, not sure if they needed to or wanted to? Or were being extra cautious with the new baby or what. Or maybe just wanted electricity?

I'm reporting just what I've seen on facebook and anything else I could find. I've seen more people complaining in Puntarenas and inland about damage.

Gary

guanacaste
reviews: 36
3. Re: earthquake

tonight neighboring communities have been moved to Cobano, we will see what happens tomorrow, I don't expect measures being in force for many days, the damages were not as bad as the news present them, other areas are really OK.

Dearborn, Michigan
reviews: 9
4. Re: earthquake

Jose,

Wow, I saw no info like that.

Why are they being moved? Concerns of tsunami? More earthquakes? Avalanches? Eletricity?

Gary

5. Re: earthquake

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, September 08, 2013