We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus Into Montezuma Pass by Luna Llena at Street Level?

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Curridabat, Costa...
reviews: 6
Bus Into Montezuma Pass by Luna Llena at Street Level?

Hey guys! I reserved a room at Luna Llena and in their confirmation e-mail they mentioned that I should ask the bus driver to drop me off at the hotel, so I don't have to walk up the 100m from town. I was in Montezuma a few years ago and could've sworn Luna Llena was right in the middle of town and I can't really picture the main road being behind it, but what do I know?

Does the Montezuma bus really pass by there at street level or did I read the e-mail incorrectly? Thank you.

Dearborn, Michigan
reviews: 9
1. Re: Bus Into Montezuma Pass by Luna Llena at Street Level?

I was thinking it was on the hill on the way in. Not super far, but if the driver will stop why not have them let you off? Rolling the luggage up the hill is never fun, even on a nice day.

Gary

Dearborn, Michigan
2. Re: Bus Into Montezuma Pass by Luna Llena at Street Level?

Here we go, it's definitely up the hill.

http://GarySaid.com/montezuma-costa-rica-map/

It's got to be farther than 100 yards (or meters) from town (even if this map is not to scale), but the bus stop is at least a 100 yards on the opposite site of town.

Gary

http://GarySaid.com/tags/montezuma/

Curridabat, Costa...
reviews: 6
3. Re: Bus Into Montezuma Pass by Luna Llena at Street Level?

I see, thanks Gary! I must've been thinking about a completely different hostel from when I was there in '09. It's just the most popular hostel in town so I figured it must've been that one.

San Jose, Costa Rica
4. Re: Bus Into Montezuma Pass by Luna Llena at Street Level?

Dear Jason..

Check Los Mangos or Hotel Pacific Montezuma...also kind of popular...I have no idea about reviews...since some times is hard to rate a Hosttel...also Sano Banano

In a hostel some times what is good for me is not so good for you!

roadadvisor

Dearborn, Michigan
5. Re: Bus Into Montezuma Pass by Luna Llena at Street Level?

Montezuma Pacific Hotel is my favorite in Montezuma! They've got 4.5 stars on TripAdvisor from 25 reviews.

I didn't suggest anything since you already had a reservation, but since someone mentioned it, I'll give them a plug. I've stayed there at least 7 or 8 visits to Montezuma, probably over 70+ days total.

Nice price and even nicer staff. On the map it shows they're near Luna Llena, but if you look at the dot that marks the location they're really not, they're in town but next to the church and park, very very quiet. A/C, hot water, mini-fridge, private bathrooms, WiFi, digital safes and free coffee/tea in the mornings. Some rooms have TVs, but I've never asked for one of those.

Gary

Edited: 5:33 pm, August 23, 2012
6. Re: Bus Into Montezuma Pass by Luna Llena at Street Level?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 25, 2013