We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Playa Grande

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new york
reviews: 12
Playa Grande

A number of online sites are indicating that Playa Grande 30 minutes from Montezuma beach is clothing optional. Can anyone confirm?

Tamarindo, Costa...
1. Re: Playa Grande

May be there is a Playa Grande nearby Montezuma as well, but THE Playa Grande is a 20 minutes drive from Tamarindo and a long way to go from Montezuma

San Jose, Costa Rica
2. Re: Playa Grande

Good point by Tineke...we have a few Playa Grandes...the clothing is not optional at any of our beaches...if the police at any beach do not like what is going on...they will ask to dress properly...is not optional is by law!

roadadvisor

Dearborn, Michigan
reviews: 9
3. Re: Playa Grande

Occasionally, I've seen a few people way NE of Montezuma with nothing on (usually topless), but they usually cover up (or stay in the water as I pass by). But it's not an area that's even unofficially designated, it's just so isolated that I think they just say "what the heck". It's not a common occurrence, maybe every other trip to El Chorro (2 hours hike) I'll see someone, but it doesn't mean they didn't see me first and cover up.

I would say there is not a "specific place" where people go. I've never seen a group of people. So if you do looking for a specific place, I don't think you'll find it...

Gary

new york
reviews: 12
4. Re: Playa Grande

Read below under Playa Grande:

…about.com/od/…Montezuma.htm

5. Re: Playa Grande

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, August 04, 2013