We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

montezuma hotels...best value??

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
reviews: 1
montezuma hotels...best value??

my girlfriend and i are headed here in May for about five nights. what's the best hotel value in town (preferably on the beach with bungalows as an option)?? We'd liked the look of Los Mangos, but having read some of the reviews here, it seems less appealling...

has anyone stayed in Sol y Luna? What about Hotel Las Manchas?? we're looking to spend about 80 a night or less...

San Francisco...
reviews: 88
1. Re: montezuma hotels...best value??

The only place with bungalows on the beach is Ylang-Ylang (formerly El Sano Banano) and I think its rather pricey. Montezuma is pretty small and just about everything is within 5 minutes walking to the beach. We stayed in the El Sano Banano hotel located in town. Simple air Conditioned rooms, hot water, cable tv, and free breakfast for $50/night. If you do decide to stay there, I'd recommend one of the rooms that overlook the street. The other rooms didn't have much of a view.

Montezuma was one of our favorite places in Costa Rica and I cant wait to go back in August.

You are going to have a blast!

New York City, New...
2. Re: montezuma hotels...best value??

If you don't mind being an easy walk from the center of town, check out Hotel Amor de Mar (www.amordemar.com).

New York
reviews: 1
3. Re: montezuma hotels...best value??

How far is Amor De Mar from a nice beach? Their website seems to show mostly rocky outcroppings in front of the lawn...

San Francisco...
reviews: 88
4. Re: montezuma hotels...best value??

Amor de Mar is a 10 minute walk to Playa Grande on the north side of town

Chico, CA
5. Re: montezuma hotels...best value??

How far is Playa Cedro form Amor del Mar? I've read it is a beginner surfing beach. I'm assuming it would be more sand than rock.

New York City, New...
6. Re: montezuma hotels...best value??

It's halfway to the village of Cabuya... about 1.5-2 miles or so.

New York City, New...
7. Re: montezuma hotels...best value??

You also have Playa Las Manchas, a really nice white sand beach south of Amor de Mar and before Playa Cedro on the way to Cabuya.

Chico, CA
8. Re: montezuma hotels...best value??

Thanks misterjohn for the info. Would we have to be concerned about riptides at LaMancha?

Chico, CA
9. Re: montezuma hotels...best value??

oops! I mean Las Manchas.

New York City, New...
10. Re: montezuma hotels...best value??

Not sure about riptides at Las Manchas. Good snorkeling, though!