We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which canopy / zip-line tour? Montezuma or Malpais?

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
reviews: 10
Which canopy / zip-line tour? Montezuma or Malpais?

Are the canopy tours in Montezuma and Malpais similar? If we only have time for one tour, which is better? OR should should we wait and do the zipline (Skytrek) tour in Arenal or Monteverde which we will also be visiting?

thank you

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
reviews: 36
1. Re: Which canopy / zip-line tour? Montezuma or Malpais?

Dont know about the first question Montezuma vs. Mal Pais. But I can tell you that skytrek is one of the best ziplines in Costa Rica. IMO I would do the tour while you are in Arenal or Monteverde area.

Cheers

Dearborn, Michigan
reviews: 9
2. Re: Which canopy / zip-line tour? Montezuma or Malpais?

I have no idea where the Mal Pais one is, are you sure it just doesn't drive you over to Montezuma?

The Montezuma one looks nice (I've passed some of the spots up in the hills). But no friends ever wanted to try it.

SkyTrek in Monteverde is supposed to be one of the nicest (if not the best), I did that one, but it was 10+ years ago. Loved it!

Gary

Portland
reviews: 4
3. Re: Which canopy / zip-line tour? Montezuma or Malpais?

I just did the Montezuma tour today and it was really fun! That said, I haven't been on a zipline at all before and I heard some other travelers raving about the one in Monteverde. They said that the others couldn't really compare. Have fun!

Aston, PA
reviews: 6
4. Re: Which canopy / zip-line tour? Montezuma or Malpais?

My husband and I have done both. They are both good, but SkyTrek is better. However, if you only do the one in Montezuma, you won't be disappointed.

Dearborn, Michigan
reviews: 9
5. Re: Which canopy / zip-line tour? Montezuma or Malpais?

@Seaturtlewoman

Good to know. I've never done the Montezuma one yet (but have done SkyTrek years ago).

Thank you!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
6. Re: Which canopy / zip-line tour? Montezuma or Malpais?

I will wait and try Sky Treck...hard to find anything like that anywhere in Costa Rica!

roadadvsior

7. Re: Which canopy / zip-line tour? Montezuma or Malpais?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 24, 2013