We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is snokeling off Tortuga Island at the end July worth it?

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
reviews: 10
Is snokeling off Tortuga Island at the end July worth it?

I've heard the sea is a bit rougher in the Green Season. How is the visibility in the waters off Isla Tortuga at the end of the July? Is it worth going out? Will we be able to see any fish?

thanks much.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
1. Re: Is snokeling off Tortuga Island at the end July worth it?

Depends mostly on rain...but the reef and little island acroos from main beach in Tortuga is a great spot most of the time!

roadadivsor

Dearborn, Michigan
reviews: 9
2. Re: Is snokeling off Tortuga Island at the end July worth it?

I always tell people to wait until the morning of when they want to go to make sure the weather is nice. Occasionally they're full, but probably not in the off season (but they might cancel if not enough signed up).

I've never been there later than May so I can't say about the weather. But look on a map, it's back in the Gulf/Bay of Nicoya up towards Paquera, that might help with any rough seas issue.

I've done it in January and in May, I've never snorkeled anywhere else and I thought it was amazing :)

I'm not a good swimmer so I put on the snorkel, face mask and flippers and laid on a life vest and put my face in the water. It's super!

Gary

3. Re: Is snokeling off Tortuga Island at the end July worth it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, June 20, 2013