We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water taxi to El Chorro Falls or Cabo Blanco from Montezuma?

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dearborn, Michigan
reviews: 9
Water taxi to El Chorro Falls or Cabo Blanco from Montezuma?

I just LOVE hiking in the Montezuma area, there are a couple of hikes that are 4 hours (2 there, 2 back).

FYI - This is probably a business opportunity for someone.

I'd love to be dropped off at El Chorro falls (2 hours NE up the beach from Montezuma) in the morning and just be able to hike the 2 hours back; that's way better than 4 hours and I don't need as many snacks nor carry 8 bottles of water (only 4!). I love doing the 4 hours actually, but I don't do it very often. I'd do it a little more often if I could hitch a ride for $10 (maybe a discount with one of the Tortuga tours if they had empty seats? or an earlier trip out?)

Plus, it'd make it way easier to get some people to tag along :)

The same goes for Cabo Blanco park, the 2 hour hike to the beach is very very steep up and down walking (grueling) and then you have to come back! I'd love to hike out the beach and get picked up at the end of the day on the beach. (Yes, I'd call the ranger station so them know I wasn't lost in the park!)

That's actually where I got the idea, I heard of a family who did the 2 hours in Cabo Blanco and the older folks in the family sent someone back to find someone with a boat, it was too rough for them to get back.

Somehow there is a business opportunity in here for someone. Either sell the empty seats for Tortuga. I'm not sure how they do Tortuga tours from Santa Teresa, do they drive right by Cabo Blanco(?), I'd be willing to go to Santa Teresa, catch the sunset and then bus/cab it back to Montezuma.

I'm rambling (of course) but I thought maybe someone knows of something like this already. I leave Cabo Blanco BEACH way earlier than the end of the day since it's a 2 hour hike, maybe there is a daily taxi and I don't even know it!

Gary

Edited: 8:56 pm, June 02, 2012
San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
1. Re: Water taxi to El Chorro Falls or Cabo Blanco from Montezuma?

Thank you!

roadadvisor

2. Re: Water taxi to El Chorro Falls or Cabo Blanco from Montezuma?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:42 pm, June 21, 2013