We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Shortcut Malpais Montezuma

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Montezuma, Costa...
reviews: 8
New Shortcut Malpais Montezuma

We discovered yesterday, there is a new shortcut between Malpais/StaT & Delicias (near Montezuma). It took us just 15 minutes and the road is pretty good

Bermuda
Destination Expert
for Bermuda
reviews: 26
1. Re: New Shortcut Malpais Montezuma

up the hill from amor de mar and turn left?

Montezuma, Costa...
2. Re: New Shortcut Malpais Montezuma

Exactly. Pass through the village of Deicias, keep going straight (the guys at the shop can give instructions too.) You come to a T junction - left takes you to Malpais, right to Santa Teresa

Montezuma, Costa...
3. Re: New Shortcut Malpais Montezuma

Sorry, I think it it is turn right after Amor de Mar - up the steep hill

Bermuda
Destination Expert
for Bermuda
reviews: 26
4. Re: New Shortcut Malpais Montezuma

i found that by accident back in february. we were leaving mp to go back to montezuma when i spotted a steep hill. luckily we had a real 4x4 to explore this road. the stretch of road through the farm looked like it was recently done. the only hairy part was the tiny bridge with the bar over the top at one end, our car just barely fit!

Montezuma, Costa...
5. Re: New Shortcut Malpais Montezuma

If I'm not mistaken, this is different short cut.

Sonny, The one you refer to, I know & we actually live very near to it. Rough & only passable in dry season and preferably by 4X4 & a good driver (not me)

But now there is another one! The new one is much easier & quicker & only opened in the last 2 weeks. It was a horse trail until 2 weeks ago

Vancouver
reviews: 3
6. Re: New Shortcut Malpais Montezuma

There are a few different ways to get to Delicias but, from there, the shortcut is a much more pleasant, and shorter, route to Malpais and back. From the Malpais side, the road is known as the "Casa Chameleon "road, since it is paved up the hill as far as the very nice Casa Chameleon Hotel. From there, it's just beautiful backcountry to Delicias, and then the alternate routes to Montezuma or Cobano. Drive slow, keep the dust down, enjoy.

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
reviews: 36
7. Re: New Shortcut Malpais Montezuma

Miss you Yellabrickcr...

8. Re: New Shortcut Malpais Montezuma

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:42 pm, June 19, 2013