We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Red Tide

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
waterloo,ON
reviews: 6
Red Tide

Any news on the red tide situation in Montezuma?

Montezuma, Costa...
reviews: 8
1. Re: Red Tide

It's gone - thank goodness

Puerto Viejo, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
reviews: 37
2. Re: Red Tide

Interesting... I have never seen it here in Puerto Viejo on Caribbean side aftre living here 7 years. Is it just a Pacific thing? Or was I too ignorant to notice?

Costa rica
reviews: 41
3. Re: Red Tide

Well ... red tides can happen in all tropical waters, is just a massive concentration of placton with a low oxygen supply .... there is a lot of factors that can change the : how and when ... ???

Montezuma, Costa...
4. Re: Red Tide

I've heard now that it is back, but by rumour only, I haven't seen it with my own eyes. If you are coming to Montezuma, have some plan B activities in mind

Minnesota, USA
reviews: 1
5. Re: Red Tide

Red tide is definitely in montezuma! It is gross and smelly - don't go in the water here right now!

Montezuma, Costa...
6. Re: Red Tide

Yep, it left, but it's back. Hopefully only for a few days. Ocean water is no go, but there are plenty of other activities or freashwater optionsbis

Prince George...
reviews: 4
7. Re: Red Tide

Can someone update the situation now?

8. Re: Red Tide

We are here now, never seen this before and had to ask several people if there was an oil spill, only on the way to paquera, however one woman said they cut her snorkeling trip short because of it. P.S. In montezuma, no prob here.

Montezuma, Costa...
9. Re: Red Tide

I believe it is gone. Rest assured it's nothing to do with oil spills, just bacteria masses moving around.

My husband is down at the beach now - if he tells me it is still there I will post

Playas del Coco...
reviews: 2
10. Re: Red Tide

does anyone know if there are any red tides in playa flamingo or tamarindo, or conchal or any of the beaches on this part? was supposed to go beach hopping to show the in-laws the coastline but here in Del coco it's been a bummer.... please let me know if it's affected in any of the other beaches, thanks