We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last 3 days in montezuma area

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fredericton
reviews: 9
Last 3 days in montezuma area

Need help booking a hotel for our last 3 days in the montezuma area. we would like a hotel with a nice private swimable beach perferaby with loungers some where between Montezuna and Santa thersa. Looked at Yland Ylang but getting back to vehicle difficult. any sugestions Thanks

dc
11. Re: Last 3 days in montezuma area

I dont think the beach at ylang ylang is swimmable! but a beautiful spot!

Fredericton
reviews: 9
12. Re: Last 3 days in montezuma area

I think you are right. It doesnt look like the beach at Ylang Ylang is a good swimming beach. Depending on the tide I should get a few swims in. I guess I will have to get my fill at Samara and Carrillo. I have never seen Red Tide like you discribe. In the North Atlantic it only affects shellfish making them not safe to eat for a period. I have seen it in Florida where it kills certain fish species but the water was swimable. I will pray for the best As you say there are a lot of other things to do. I booked a horseback ride on the beach with El Pinto. They will meet us on the beach at Ylang Ylang Read a lot of good revues about them and the price is very reasonable

nyc
reviews: 17
13. Re: Last 3 days in montezuma area

yes not many beaches private, and nothing "between" montezuma and mal pais,

i do love a beach 10 min drive from mal pais, it is totally secluded beautiful the best beach i've been to playa hermosa, they might have rentals nearby, and you can park your car. def look into it. its gorgeous, it feels like how a beach on costa rica should look, and i never see more than 5 people there at a time

14. Re: Last 3 days in montezuma area

We are in montezuma and also from C'wood too funny. Went to ying yang today only to find everyone with there nose stuck way up in the air, asked how much for a double room and found out why, $250-$300 per nite, walked into town (shorter walk to waterfall and market) and found lovely little place even closer to ocean for $40 per nite, staying for 5 days, only downfall is the music goes till 2am. P.S. Looking to get to Samara on Monday can you help, we can split the gas ???

Montezuma, Costa...
reviews: 8
15. Re: Last 3 days in montezuma area

FYI,

There is a new road short-cut open to Malpais from Delicias (used to be just a horse-trail)

It took us exactly 15 minutes in our slow car the other day.

Late, loud music is a downfall in Montezuma which is why it is best to stay a little out of town. It will get worse through Semana Santa.

In Malpais, I recommend the Swedish Beach

From Ylang it is not a far walk (maybe 20 min?) to Playa Grande, which is also a nice swimming beach

16. Re: Last 3 days in montezuma area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:42 pm, June 17, 2013