We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last 3 days in montezuma area

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fredericton
reviews: 9
Last 3 days in montezuma area

Need help booking a hotel for our last 3 days in the montezuma area. we would like a hotel with a nice private swimable beach perferaby with loungers some where between Montezuna and Santa thersa. Looked at Yland Ylang but getting back to vehicle difficult. any sugestions Thanks

Montezuma, Costa...
reviews: 8
1. Re: Last 3 days in montezuma area

Try Amor de Mar -lovely seafront lawn, not sure if the water is swimmable

Hotel Cebaje in Cabuyo

Don't give up on Ylang either - I think you can park at their sister hotel in town and their veihicle picks you up & drops you off with your luggage when you arrive & leave. Otherwise is is only a max 15 min walk on the beach to town, should you want to leave the hotel at all

San Jose, Costa Rica
2. Re: Last 3 days in montezuma area

It will be hard to find any hotel in Costa Rica with private beach...thanks God all our beaches ...all of them are wide open and usable for tourist or for us natives...!

roadadivsor

Montezuma, Costa...
3. Re: Last 3 days in montezuma area

As far as I know, no beaches in any Central American country are 'private' - perhaps you meant more 'secluded' which you can certainly find

Fredericton
4. Re: Last 3 days in montezuma area

Yes I did mean secluded. I was looking for a hotel with good a sandy beach Loungers or Hammicks. I just want a place where we can run in for a swim and not have be too concerned about our things going missing. Ylang Ylang still looks best but I also am interested in Tango Mar, Hotel Amor de Mar and Villas Hermosas. It will be the last 3 days of a 2 week tour and just want to chill out

Montezuma, Costa...
5. Re: Last 3 days in montezuma area

think any of those will work,

but

Amor de Mar has beautiful seafront lawns, I am not sure you can swim from there. Best to ask them directly

Tango Mar is probably the most secluded, but a long way from the town

Villas Hermosas I've read good things about but never been there myself.

So I'm thinking Ylang is your best bet

Anywhere you end up, always watch your things on the beach - don't bring valuables to the beach, and anything you do bring leave closer to the water when you swim (outside wave reach of course). Sad to say, thieves sometimes slip in from the jungle, grab things & slip away the same way. There is very little even the best hotel can do to prevent this.

Fredericton
6. Re: Last 3 days in montezuma area

Ylang Ylang it is. 2nd choice was Tango Mar. It is beautiful and looks like a great beach. Thanks for your help

Minnesota, USA
reviews: 1
7. Re: Last 3 days in montezuma area

Not sure if you're still looking, but if your plans are flexible I would avoid montezuma right now!! There is a red tide and the water is disgusting! The Ocean smells awful. Very disappointing!

Fredericton
8. Re: Last 3 days in montezuma area

Thanks for the update but wont be in Montezuma until May 06th Surely it will be gone by then

San Jose, Costa Rica
9. Re: Last 3 days in montezuma area

Amor de mar...great location...and is located by the Montezuma waterfall entrance!

roadadvisor

Montezuma, Costa...
10. Re: Last 3 days in montezuma area

Red Tides generally only last a few days, so will probably be long gone in May. They tend only to come about 3 times a year for a few days.. Having studied meterology, and watched weather reports all my life I tend to doubt both .

Having said that, it you coincide with a red tide, there are lots of other things to do