We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How is the red tide affecting Montezuma

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Portland, Oregon
How is the red tide affecting Montezuma

Can anyone offer any first hand information on how the red tide is affecting the Montezuma area<

reviews: 1
1. Re: How is the red tide affecting Montezuma

Well i must say, im quite disapointed that i came here to experience this as i'd been here before & quite beautiful- i understand it to be temporary but im not drawn to the beach as it stands- you can google "red tide" im still new @ experiencing this. So upon closing-im sure you could still have a good time, great waterfalls & pool a walk from town quite nice !!

J.

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
reviews: 10
2. Re: How is the red tide affecting Montezuma

Being a natural occurrence, it is also difficult to predict when it will go away....could be tomorrow, could be next week. As the above post suggests, there are a number of other activities to occupy your time....or find a pool...or go to one of the local rivers for a cool dip!

Portland, Oregon
3. Re: How is the red tide affecting Montezuma

Thanks Roundtop and Wefish88. It will be interesting to see what the Montezuma coast is like when we get there in a week or so. According to http://malpaisurfcam.com/ everything was good there today.

Plymouth
reviews: 8
4. Re: How is the red tide affecting Montezuma

Don't eat the lobster.

Montezuma, Costa...
reviews: 8
5. Re: How is the red tide affecting Montezuma

It's been here for a couple of weeks already, so it should be gone soon. Don't go in the ocean, but above comments are right. There are plenty of river ponds, waterfall ponds and other activities

waterloo,ON
reviews: 6
6. Re: How is the red tide affecting Montezuma

What is red tide?

Lake Havasu City...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
reviews: 5
7. Re: How is the red tide affecting Montezuma

Is an algal bloom. a spectacular neon-blue light show at night

Edited: 4:58 pm, February 20, 2012
8. Re: How is the red tide affecting Montezuma

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, June 02, 2013