We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Monteverde a must see?

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia...
Is Monteverde a must see?

We are spending 4 nights in Arenal (Lost Iguana) and would like to spend time in Montezuma. Should we spend a night or two in Monteverde in between?

San Jose, Costa Rica
1. Re: Is Monteverde a must see?

If you have the time I would add Monteverde . Monteverde is a great cloud forest area very different from Arenal and Montezuma

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
reviews: 36
2. Re: Is Monteverde a must see?

It's a cool place to check out but not a must see IMO. I would rather spend that day in Montezuma myself. The area has an awesome view, always a bit damp in the clouds though. If you are into learning about the eco system of the cloud forests here then is worth it, if not, skip it.

Cheers

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
3. Re: Is Monteverde a must see?

Good idea...from the high lands of Monteverde Tilaran Mountain system to Montezuma Pacific Dry Low lands...very different areas...

Lost Iguana is a great place...

roadadvsior

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 81
4. Re: Is Monteverde a must see?

If you're really into birding or want to see quetzals or the cloud forest then I'd go to Monteverde, but for me personally it's not a must see.

5. Re: Is Monteverde a must see?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:24 am, May 07, 2013