We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7 night intinerary advice: MA/Arenal/Nicoya

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seal Beach...
reviews: 3
7 night intinerary advice: MA/Arenal/Nicoya

Hi- My husband and I are planning a trip in May for 7 nights. The 3 places we are interested in going are Manuel Antonio, Arenal and Montezuma on the Nicoya Penninsula. Is this too much for a week long trip? And if so, which 2 places out of the 3 would you recommend? We definately want to go to MA, so it's a choice between Montezuma and Arenal. We love the beach, but want some good rainforest too. Any advice would be appreciated. We are renting a car and flying to/from San Jose. Thanks!

NY
reviews: 1
1. Re: 7 night intinerary advice: MA/Arenal/Nicoya

It is possible to do 3 places (2, 2, and 3 nights), but you will spend 4 days driving - between 3 and 6 or so hours each. So, I would recommend 2 destinations. Plus, if you arrive in San Jose early in the day and fly out of San Jose late afternoon you will not need to spend extra night(s) near the airport, unless one of your destinations is Montezuma. I would suggest Arenal area, plus one of the beach areas. Since you definitely want to go to Manuel Antonio, then choose that. You will visit rainforest in Manuel Antonio, and can do Hanging Bridges walk in the rainforest in Arenal area. And what about seeing an active volcano and enjoying the hot springs, plus many great side trips? See www.arenal.net for a lot of info on that area.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 88
2. Re: 7 night intinerary advice: MA/Arenal/Nicoya

If you want to see all 3, including Montezuma, you could do it by flying on Nature air or Sansa which would take you to Tambor, then an hour drive by taxi to Montezuma. Driving would be too time-consuming. You could end your trip there and fly into the airport (Sansa uses same airport as international in San Jose) in the a.m. before your flight. Take earlier flights so avoid chance of overbooking or cancellation. You will love all 3 places. Montezuma is more laid-back than M.A. and all 3 places have lots of activities and restaurants. Arenal and MA will require some driving, but if you fly to Montezuma you'll be okay cuz you can walk everywhere.