We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ylang Ylang safety

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Arkansas
Ylang Ylang safety

Has anyone stayed at Ylang Ylang? Did you feel safe bringing laptops and cameras? Is the area safe?

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
reviews: 20
1. Re: Ylang Ylang safety

Brought laptop and camera and left them in the safe in the room when not using them. I felt safe at this hotel. They have a 24 hour security staff.

Petty thievery is a problem thuout Costa Rica so please be careful about leaving valuables sitting out in your room or far more dangerous, sitting on the beach while you're playing in the waves.

Arkansas
2. Re: Ylang Ylang safety

Were you there recently? I asked about the safe and they estimated it to be 6x6x10 which would not hold a laptop. They said that it's safe to leave computers and cameras in the room out of the safe, would you have felt comfortable leaving stuff out?

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 13
3. Re: Ylang Ylang safety

Judging from the reviews I don't think anything's changed much so even though I haven't been recently (it was two years ago) I would feel as safe as i would leaving stuff out in a U.S. hotel. That said, I never take my lap top on vacation, but I do take nice camera equipment.

Edited: 10:10 pm, January 24, 2012
Montezuma, Costa...
reviews: 8
4. Re: Ylang Ylang safety

I would recommend asking reception about the safe size - ask them to measure it, a receptionist may be 'guestimating' or overestimating the size of your computer. I have 2 laptops which are very different in size. You can also ask to hold it in the hotel safe which is probably bigger. The watchman is great, but he cannot be everywhere at once either.

The route along the beach from town to the hotel - I feel safe, but I would not venture further down the trails & beach after dark

5. Re: Ylang Ylang safety

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, March 16, 2013