We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kayaking around Montezuma

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Columbus
reviews: 1
Kayaking around Montezuma

We are staying at Ylang Ylang in a few months and wanted to do some kayaking while we were there. Does anyone know where we can rent kayaks?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
1. Re: Kayaking around Montezuma

You can ask around at Montezuma Tours...check with Carlos Chacon at Montezuna Pacifico Hotel...but kayaking around there is not easy...is fun but kind of hard...windy some times and some strong currents..

roadadivcsor

Columbus
reviews: 1
2. Re: Kayaking around Montezuma

Thanks Roadadvisor. I see that you can kayak at Curu but I'm not sure how we will get there. Can you kayak in Cabo Blanco? We were definitely looking for mangrove-like kayaking without strong currents.

Moncton, Canada
reviews: 4
3. Re: Kayaking around Montezuma

I could be wrong but I don't think there is mangrove kayaking in Montezuma area. And agree that currents/tide would be strong for ocean kayaking although I saw kayaks were available for rental In Cabuya. In 2 weeks in the area I only saw kayakers once.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
4. Re: Kayaking around Montezuma

Agree with lennoxcat...maybe better try Cabuya...I love sea kayaking but around there even Cabo Blanco way to much for me...I like flat waters and not to dealt with open ocean or hard currents...

roadadisor

5. Re: Kayaking around Montezuma

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:22 am, February 23, 2013