We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights to San Jose from Canada

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Montezuma, Costa...
Level Contributor
538 posts
8 reviews
Flights to San Jose from Canada

Hi Everyone, I have a friend coming to visit who is looking for a flight from Toronto, Ottawa or Montreal. He finding everything is $2k plus. His dates are flexible, sometime between now & August. Any advice on airlines, routes, best times for prices?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,907 posts
3 reviews
11. Re: Flights to San Jose from Canada

I did as others have suggested above and booked with united / continental as i had a credit. it leaves at 6:00 from toronto with one stop in newark, nj then into CR by 1:50 pm. Cost was low $700's. good luck!

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
2,734 posts
50 reviews
12. Re: Flights to San Jose from Canada

I have done this route but be carefull with tight connections in Newark on the way back because to have to pick up wour checked bags, clear US custons, re-check your bags and sometimes walk (run) for what seems like miles to make your connection. Going is not a problem because you clear US custioms in Toronto.

I am a huge fan of TACA even if it costs a little more because they have great customer service, free food and drink, the connections in San Salvadore are perfectly timed and you skip the entire US customs hassel!!

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
404 posts
23 reviews
13. Re: Flights to San Jose from Canada

Further to Raquel in Winnipeg's post: It's actually Air Transat that operates the direct charter flights, Nolitours is one of their vacation companies.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
44,965 posts
28 reviews
14. Re: Flights to San Jose from Canada

You can also check...Sun Wings...great planes...nice direct flights...I meet and drive a lot of people arriving at LIR with them...and every body likes them...!

15. Re: Flights to San Jose from Canada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:26 am, February 17, 2013