We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights to San Jose from Canada

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Montezuma, Costa...
reviews: 8
Flights to San Jose from Canada

Hi Everyone, I have a friend coming to visit who is looking for a flight from Toronto, Ottawa or Montreal. He finding everything is $2k plus. His dates are flexible, sometime between now & August. Any advice on airlines, routes, best times for prices?

Gatineau, Canada
reviews: 175
1. Re: Flights to San Jose from Canada

We found a great flight with Taca airlines. Need to fly to TO first; then hop on TACA. We have a 45 min. stop in El Salvador. Around 1000 $. Leaves at 6 AM though.

Routes are difficult to find, I had to tried a million different combinaisons.

For that price, we are returning through NYC. Leaving SJ at 6 PM; arriving at NYC at 1 AM; to leave again at 4 PM. (we'll spend the night in an airport hotel - we would have the choice to have slept in the airport and taken a 6 AM flight to TO).

Good luck!

Costa Rica
reviews: 26
2. Re: Flights to San Jose from Canada

I would also check here: http://matrix2.itasoftware.com

At this site, you can get a calendar of the lowest fares for each day of the month. Try all three cities for origin.

I would also look into flying to New York and getting a flight from there - and don't forget Liberia. While it is normally more expensive than SJO, I was able to get a direct flight from JFK to LIR, round trip, for $350 with JetBlue in November. Not sure if any "bargains" still exist - but worth taking a look.

Montezuma, Costa...
reviews: 8
3. Re: Flights to San Jose from Canada

Thanks ZAZ - I am forwarding the message to my friend right now

Toronto
4. Re: Flights to San Jose from Canada

From what I can see, with flexible dates, you should be able to fly out of either Montreal or Toronto for less than $700 in any month from now to August. That's all-in with taxes and it's about as cheap as you'll ever find it. For that price, however, you have to fly through the U.S. and clear U.S. customs twice.

There are also non-stop charters out of Toronto for less than $600, but they are only 7 night flights. If that works for him, it's the best way to go.

Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
reviews: 16
5. Re: Flights to San Jose from Canada

Yellabrickcr

Air Canada offers the non stops from Toronto. They do usually tend to be expensive.

I just had a peek at Air Canada's website and randomly chose some dates in April - after Easter and found fares from $600 return plus Taxes (Did not cost out the taxes) It was either the nonstop or on their code shares through Houston with Continental.

Hattie's site is helpful and so is the TACA option.

Also, he should check with a travel agent to see which company is offering the charters to CR this year. They sometimes have air only sell offs if they have empty seats. I know Nolitours is one of them

www.nolitours.com/EN…

Some of the pricing may also depend on how long he wants to stay.

raquel

Edited: 10:00 am, January 16, 2012
Regina
reviews: 4
6. Re: Flights to San Jose from Canada

Yellabrickcr,

Tel your friend to subscribe to Chris' email notifications at http://www.yyzdeals.com (also one for most other airports too). Not sure if either of the CR deals on there are still good or not, but thanks to his Regina site, we booked round trip through Delta from Regina to Liberia for $376 taxes in at the beginning of the month. It's a puddlejumper though, with a stop in Minnie, Atlanta, and then Liberia, but for that price, when we Canadians usually pay extremely high rates? Why not.

canada
reviews: 19
7. Re: Flights to San Jose from Canada

Check www.expedia.ca

Montreal - San Jose return ticket for $708 CD

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 18
8. Re: Flights to San Jose from Canada

We have used travelocity.ca to find our flight from Ottawa to San Jose for 713$.

Good luck!

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 18
9. Re: Flights to San Jose from Canada

with one stop in Newwark New Jersey.

Ottawa, Ont.
reviews: 1
10. Re: Flights to San Jose from Canada

I usually avoid Air Canada and find cheaper seats available on United/Continental, USAir or American. Toronto is almost always cheaper to fly out, than Ottawa or Montreal. Sometimes the charters (AirTransat or SkyService) have good last-minute sell-offs but usually confined to a week.

www.flightnetwork.com has a good interface for finding flight alternatives/costs

I just checked YOW to SJO and found $771.50 CAD Feb 7 to Feb 21on Continental. Good luck!