We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ylang ylang

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Arkansas
Ylang ylang

We are excited to visit Ylang Ylang in a few weeks but have a few questions. What is the best and most cost effective way to get to and from here and SJO? Do the room safes use a key or so you set a code? Is this a safe enough resort to take cameras and computers without worrying about theft? Is there a place close that sells sunscreen and bug spray that doesn't cost a fortune? Is there anything that we should know about this resort before we go?

Montezuma, Costa...
reviews: 8
1. Re: Ylang ylang

Ylang has a gret location on the beach and beautiful gardens, the staff are professional & friendly, and the food is good.

About the safes you best ask the hotel directly.

As far as I know, theft is not a big issue there (not to say it can't happen, same as it can anywhere). They do have security watchmen, I believe 24/hr a day. The town of Montezuma is about a 15 min walk down the beach and you can get bug juice & suncreen there. Super Mamatea has the best selection. Expect US prices as the products are imported.

I don't find a big problem with bugs here, and on the odd occasion there are some, instead of using bug juice I burn a raid coil around my feet in the evening - way cheaper and pretty effective. If you have a bug spray that works for you, maybe bring a small container. I find Avon skin-so-soft effective, but it doesn't work for everyone.

I don't think there is anything in particular to know about Ylang,, it's a nice place. Just be aware of the 15 min walk to town (it's along a nice beach though)

Montezuma, Costa...
2. Re: Ylang ylang

Sorry, I neglected to answer the tranport question

It depends a lot on your timing & your budget. If can spring to $45pp a shuttle might be a good idea. If you can spring to more, a private car to the ferry, if both are too much, then the public bus.

In any case you will need to take either the ferry from Puntarenas, or the speedboat from Jaco.

Let me know your timing & budget & I can fill in the details

Toronto
reviews: 11
3. Re: Ylang ylang

Read the reviews about the resort but don't have over the top expectations. A very nice resort but not 5* (you may get that impression from some of the reviews). The safe is with a key, no codes.

We thought the ferry experience was awful, even with the "private" transfer. If you can afford to, fly (SJO - Tambor). Then take a "taxi" (van usually). If you go the private transfer way, or if you fly and then taxi to Montezuma, keep in mind that the transfer offered by Ylang Ylang is more expensive and not better than other providers. We were more pleased with the ones arranged by AnywhereCostaRica.

Montezuma, Costa...
4. Re: Ylang ylang

I guess the ferry is a personal thing - myself, I love the ferry ride, and find the scenery beautiful & the trip amazingly relaxing, but my husband hates it.

If you need a taxi from either Paqueras, or Tambor (should you choose to fly), I highly recommend Mario, my favourite taxista. 8302 5108. He is honest, reliable and never overcharges. The only downside is that he doesn't speak English.

Ylang facilites are certainly not 5 star by any means, but far from poor. The the location & service are great though

5. Re: Ylang ylang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, March 02, 2013