We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling near Montezuma? (and/or fishing?)

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Anacortes...
reviews: 20
Snorkeling near Montezuma? (and/or fishing?)

I've been trying to find any great snorkeling (possibly combined with fishing?) near Montezuma. I initially was interested in Tortuga Island, but I've read so many mixed reviews, that I'm not sure I want to take a chance. Are there other good places and/or ways to hire a boat to go to them? I understand Costa Rica is not known for snorkeling, but we still like to spend a little time trying. I also welcome any recommendations about fishing and who to go with in that area in February.

Thank you!

Montezuma, Costa...
reviews: 8
1. Re: Snorkeling near Montezuma? (and/or fishing?)

Fishing is easy from Montezuma - you just have to decide shallow or deep sea. I have heard of good snorkelling (good for here, it's not Roatan by any means) off Cabo Blanco point. I can find that out with a quick phone call, but most people do Tortuga Island

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
reviews: 22
2. Re: Snorkeling near Montezuma? (and/or fishing?)

We did not have any luck snorkeling at Cabo Blanco but it was rainy season and the water was not clear. One problem is that many of the beaches in this area (Montezuma) have riptides and are not safe for swimming which also makes snorkeling tricky unless you try off a boat.

San Jose, Costa Rica
reviews: 3
3. Re: Snorkeling near Montezuma? (and/or fishing?)

Cabo Balnco or Tortuga Isalnd...during summer days can be a great day!

For fishing is better once you are in the area to find a good affordable boat...

roadadvisor

Montezuma, Costa...
reviews: 8
4. Re: Snorkeling near Montezuma? (and/or fishing?)

We're well into dry season now, so I'm not sure if that will make a big difference at Cabo Blanco

Cfran can you suggest an operator or a boat to help for the future?

5. Re: Snorkeling near Montezuma? (and/or fishing?)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:28 am, January 06, 2013