We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying in Montezuma - Day trip to Mal Pais /Santa Teresa

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lehigh Acres...
reviews: 3
Staying in Montezuma - Day trip to Mal Pais /Santa Teresa

Hello,

We are staying in Montezuma the first week of May and we are thinking of taking a day trip to the Mal Pais/Santa Teresa area. I've tried to look on the forums but there is too much info to narrow down what I want to ask.

We will not have a car so we will be relying solely on public transportation. My questions are:

1. What are the schedules for the public buses between the town of Montezuma to Mal Pais/Santa Teresa (I've tried unsuccessfully to find that info).

2. We are interested in sight-seeing and relaxing at the beach--is it possible to do this in a day by taking a public bus or would we have to take a taxi as well or spend the night in the towns?

3. Is there enough to see and do to warrant a day trip or are the beaches in Montezuma just as good. (We aren't surfers we are just beach bums).

Any suggestions you have would be great. We are looking for some relaxation so if the trip from Montezuma to that area is going to be stressful and difficult I will pass.

Thanks!!

11. Re: Staying in Montezuma - Day trip to Mal Pais /Santa Teresa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 am, January 29, 2015
Dearborn, Michigan
reviews: 9
12. Re: Staying in Montezuma - Day trip to Mal Pais /Santa Teresa

Try to take the bus there, it leaves Montezuma every two hours I think. If there isn't a bus to St. Teresa, catch a cab the other 1/2 of the ride.

Stay in St. Teresa until sunset and cab it back. You don't get real sunsets in Montezuma (it's on the east side of the peninsula, but sometimes you get some nice colors.

It's an expensive day for ATVs if you're going to spend the day on the Beach. But if you left early....

I think one of the Montezuma places might let you take it at the end of the night if you've got a place to keep it (and you could leave first thing). If not, do all the paperwork the night before so you can grab it first thing. Paperwork for stuff like that (with forms and a credit card deposit) can take forever.

Gary

Dearborn, Michigan
reviews: 9
13. Re: Staying in Montezuma - Day trip to Mal Pais /Santa Teresa

So did you get over to Montezuma? How did it work out?

Gary

14. Re: Staying in Montezuma - Day trip to Mal Pais /Santa Teresa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:27 am, June 03, 2013