We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from airport to Coca Cola..how much/how long?

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
reviews: 21
Taxi from airport to Coca Cola..how much/how long?

Hi, we are arriving in San Jose airport at about 1am on a Saturday and plan to hang out at the airport after customs for a few hours, and then head on to Coca Cola to get the first direct bus to Montezuma. A bit rough, I know, but it seems silly to get a hotel for 3 hours.

I'm wondering, how much is the taxi ride and approx how long does it take to get to Coca Cola from the airport? Also, it sounds like the bus schedule changes often and may be different on Saturdays - does anyone know what time the first bus leaves on Sat. for Montezuma? Many thanks!!

Montezuma, Costa...
reviews: 8
11. Re: Taxi from airport to Coca Cola..how much/how long?

PS - La Radial is not an official Montezuma bus-stop, the bus may stop there or it may not, and to try & distinguish the bus is awkward. I have done it but only with pre-arrangement with the driver. I would forget this option, it's too much of an uneccesary risk

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
reviews: 22
12. Re: Taxi from airport to Coca Cola..how much/how long?

What hasn't been mentioned yet is that usually you can't hang out overnite at the airport. Assuming it takes 30-45 minutes to get thru customs at that time of nite, you will likely find that security asks you to leave the airport terminal immediately upon clearing customs. It does not remain open overnite and while you can hang out during the day I wouldn't count on it from 2 AM til early morning.

Montezuma, Costa...
13. Re: Taxi from airport to Coca Cola..how much/how long?

Good point Cfran.

In that case maybe get the official taxi right after your flight, at that time of night, I would guess aboiut 25-30 min ride

option a) to the Hotel Musoc, which is right on the perimiter of the Coca Cola station, which will save you a taxi ride in the morning.

If you choose, this - get right from your taxi & into the hotel, don't hang around in the street at that time of night. I can probably get you a phone number for them, if you want to call ahead so they expect you. The rooms are a little run down, but it is a family run place for (I think) about $10/night. As safe as you can get in that neighbourhood

option b) The Hotel Hemmingway, about $40 per night and a $4 cab ride in the morning. Safe nice hotel, decent neighbourhood

The good thing with the direct bus, is that it takes you right onto the ferry, your checked luggage stays checked all the way (to Cobano at least), they do all the ticket stuff and they time themselves with the ferry times.

You can take a Puntarenas bus from Alajuela, and then jump in any taxi for a $4 taxi ride to the ferry, but those buses don't neccesarily hook up with the ferry times.

Too many options isn't it?

I can also tell you the direct bus schedule hardly ever changes, and the only day that is different is Sunday, when they don't run the later 2:00pm bus

New York City, New...
14. Re: Taxi from airport to Coca Cola..how much/how long?

Just checking back on here - thank you again yellabrickcr for the detailed and helpful info. We will avoid extra stress and take the 6am direct bus from Coca Cola. Also, thank you crfan - I had read conflicting things about being allowed to loiter in the airport, and it sounds like we can't count on it. The hotels that yellabrickcr will be our back up plan...definitely don't want to end up at Coca Cola station for 4 hours in the middle of the night.

New York City, New...
15. Re: Taxi from airport to Coca Cola..how much/how long?

Hi Yellabrickcr, I would love to get the contact info for Hotel Musoc. Many thanks!!

Montezuma, Costa...
16. Re: Taxi from airport to Coca Cola..how much/how long?

Happily,

It is right at the entrance of the bus terminal. A 3 storey building with a big sign on the busy street Press the security button and they will let you in.

govisitcostarica.com/listings/… for the map but I can't find their card. for a phone number You won't need to book though, they always have space Any taxi driver will know it, Just say Hotel Musoc acerca de Coca Cola estacion de bus. But if you need a phone number, I can get one, it just may take a day let me know if you need it

New York City, New...
17. Re: Taxi from airport to Coca Cola..how much/how long?

Yellabrickcr, I think we'll just show up, no need for the phone number. Thank you again!

18. Re: Taxi from airport to Coca Cola..how much/how long?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, January 03, 2013