We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabuya to Montezuma question(s)

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Moncton, Canada
reviews: 4
Cabuya to Montezuma question(s)

We are renting a villa in Cabuya for 2 weeks and really don't want to rent a car. I would love however to try out some of the yoga classes in Montezuma...I know there's a bus but how reliable and at what times does it go?

Considered a bicycle but am thinking it would be a pretty dusty ride.

Any thoughts? Or yoga in Cabuya?

maine
reviews: 15
1. Re: Cabuya to Montezuma question(s)

I was only there a couple of days. The road from cabuya to montezuma is pretty bad. You have to have a 4 wheel drive to get around anywhere in ten area. I might suggest renting an atv which is how the locals get around.

San Jose, Costa Rica
2. Re: Cabuya to Montezuma question(s)

Dear lennox...

I think a bycicle ride can be a little to much...rent a 4x4...if possible.

roadadivsor

Moncton, Canada
reviews: 4
3. Re: Cabuya to Montezuma question(s)

And what about the bus, do you know where I can get info on it?

Kemptville
reviews: 14
4. Re: Cabuya to Montezuma question(s)

I think there is yoga at Playa Cedros at the studio Almendros which is an easy bike ride from Cabuya. There is a bus that goes from Cabuya to Montezuma, you can check the times in Cabuya or at the travel booths in Montezuma. When we were Cabuya the road was good:)

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 13
5. Re: Cabuya to Montezuma question(s)

The bus is pretty easy to catch in Montezuma, but don't be surprised if there's a delay. We did get deserted in Cabuya because the bus driver decided to take the rest of the day off, which he told us when we were getting off and trying to confirm the pick up for the way back, instead of doing the scheduled return trip to Montezuma. It took us a bit of work to get a taxi to pick us up a couple hours later, but it all worked out...The phone was not working at the little store (phone lines down) and there was nothing else around. Thank goodness for the friendly Costa Ricans, especially the one who rode his bike to a friends house to call a cab for us. What a nice guy!

Kemptville
reviews: 14
6. Re: Cabuya to Montezuma question(s)

Yes the bus can be unreliable but it does tend to run more frequently during high season. A lot of people in Cabuya rely on the bus to get to work so the 8ish AM bus is usually working. There are a couple of taxi drivers that live near the Soda Delfinas,|(across from the saloon) ask Dona Lila, she will point you in the right direction and be sure to try her fabulous fish casados at some point.

Lennoxcat, where are you going to Cabuya, we are also going there

in late January for 3 weeks and a Canucks as well:) Cheers, Joyce

Montezuma, Costa...
reviews: 8
7. Re: Cabuya to Montezuma question(s)

From another Canuck -

The bus is pretty much every 2 hours (but no noon bus) however there is always unregistered taxis (almost everyone) or hitching (safe)

I know there are Yoga classes in Cabuya, I'm just not sure of their current scheule. I can find out. Let me know

Vancouver, BC
reviews: 8
8. Re: Cabuya to Montezuma question(s)

I know it's about 7 km from Cabuya to Montezuma town - but without knowing the roads, I wouldn't know how long this drive would take?!? Would you drive it at night - if we stayed in Cabuya and were in Montezuma for an evening? Or maybe better to stay in the hills up behind Montezuma to be a bit closer?

thanks,

lwbc

San Jose, Costa Rica
9. Re: Cabuya to Montezuma question(s)

Yes great idea to stay closer to Montezuma...

roadadvisor

Dearborn, Michigan
reviews: 9
10. Re: Cabuya to Montezuma question(s)

Driving from Montezuma to Cabuya is relatively flat and easy to do. The road is along the coast so it's hard to get lost. It might get tricky at the Cabuya end, depending on where your place is. But once you've done it, I'd guess you'd be fine at night. The car rental is pricey if you're not planning on driving a lot, I'd think bus and cab might be cheaper even if you just went in once a day.

Gary