We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Montezuma in June?

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 41
Montezuma in June?

We are planning a special birthday celebration for a 70 year old with all our family in June, 2012. We have never been to Costa Rica during that period and wonder how the weather will be? We love the Montezuma area, but would it be drier further north up toward Guanacaste? Our whole family loves being in the water, snorkling and surfing. We'd love to see nesting turtles. Any ideas?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
1. Re: Montezuma in June?

Dear Ocotillo...

The variation on weather between the tip of the Peninsula de Nicoya and up Nort ....like Tamarindo is not that big...June can be nice...not huge storms...mostly afternoon ...not a rule but good chances...

For turtles...Playa Caletas...down close to Montezuma and Mal Pais..by Punta Islita...Coyote...or of course Playa Ostional by Nosara!!

roadadvisor

Montezuma, Costa...
reviews: 8
2. Re: Montezuma in June?

Hi Ocotillo,

While no one can predict the weather, June is usually pretty good. Late afternoon or evening/night showers but nice days. Like Roadadvisor says, there's not much difference on the whole Nicoya Penninsula.

I hope you have a great celebration wherever you end up

Dearborn, Michigan
reviews: 9
3. Re: Montezuma in June?

They've got a turtle place on the beach in Montzuma now. It's 10-12 minutes up the beach towards (but before) Ylang Ylang. I saw a few baby turtles that they were going to release later on in the day a few months ago.

(They used to be WAY up the beach 40-ish minutes, but are much closer now).

Gary

Philadelphia...
reviews: 5
4. Re: Montezuma in June?

Gary, Do you know the name of the turtle place? Any idea if there will be any turtle activity in June. My daughter would love it,

Dearborn, Michigan
reviews: 9
5. Re: Montezuma in June?

Sorry, I have no idea of the name of it. You can't miss it though, I think it's the only structure that appears to be on the beach. It's closer than Ylang Ylang so it's less than a 15 minute walk. It (or something similar) used to be way farther down the beach (45-60 minutes), so I suppose it's possible that they move again.

They had a few signs up, but nothing that I noticed like a web site or anything. I usually would write that down or take a snapshot and I can't find anything like that...

Gary

6. Re: Montezuma in June?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, November 01, 2013