We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

puddle jumper logistics/ Q re flights w/in CR

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
reviews: 12
puddle jumper logistics/ Q re flights w/in CR

Hello,

I'll be traveling to Montezuma in February- first time to CR. Question: how much time do I need to allow between my international flight (American Airlines), arriving in San Jose and a flight on Sansa or NatureAir to Tambor?

If my flight from the U.S. arrives at 12 noon in SJO, would it be safe to book a 1pm departure flight for Tambor? Or should I go for the 2pm flight? I'm not familiar with the airport and customs procedure upon arrival in SJO.

Also, on my return trip, how many hours in advance do I need to arrive at the airport for my international flight back to U.S.?

Thanks for your help!

Lake Havasu City...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
reviews: 5
1. Re: puddle jumper logistics/ Q re flights w/in CR

The 2pm flight would be best, the process of going trough the airport procedure is usually fast, maybe 30 minutes on average, Sansa terminal is right next door to SJO so that would be better, you usually have to be at terminal one hour before departure. The NA airport is about a half hour from SJO. They say you need to check in 3 hours before, but two is fine.

Edited: 5:48 pm, December 01, 2011
San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
2. Re: puddle jumper logistics/ Q re flights w/in CR

Dear puntaq...

Totally agree with Cubanon...give at least 2.5 hours to connect flights...with Sansa and at least 3 with Nature Air...

roadadvisor

Montezuma, Costa...
reviews: 8
3. Re: puddle jumper logistics/ Q re flights w/in CR

Definitely agree with the timing. But also you do know the flight is not into Montezuma, but into Tambor so you'll need a taxi on this end. I live in Montezuma, so ask or PM me if you need anymore info

Montezuma, Costa...
reviews: 8
4. Re: puddle jumper logistics/ Q re flights w/in CR

Soory - re-read your post and I see that you do already know the flight is into Tambor. A taxi should be $30-$35

5. Re: puddle jumper logistics/ Q re flights w/in CR

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:41 pm, June 22, 2013