We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does anyone want to share a shutte Jan. 26 from Airport

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kemptville
reviews: 14
Does anyone want to share a shutte Jan. 26 from Airport

Hello, I am arriving on Jan. 26 at 2:00 p.m. and would like to go to

Montezuma on that day. Is there anyone else travelling to Montezuma frm the airport that would want to save some money and share a private shutte or taxi?

Cheers, Joyce

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
1. Re: Does anyone want to share a shutte Jan. 26 from Airport

Dear Joyce...

Another thing you can do...just take a shuttle of even a public bus to Puntarenas...a bus leaving San Jose and Alajuela area about every hour...take the ferry and always at the other side is a bus waiting to take people to Montezuma...that is nice way and affordable...or just take the taxi from SJO to the ferry and another one from Paquera or Cobano to Montezuma...

roadadvisor

Kemptville
reviews: 14
2. Re: Does anyone want to share a shutte Jan. 26 from Airport

Hi Roadadvisor, the problem is the timing, there is no bus waiting for the 8:30 pm ferry and I need to catch the 5:00pm ferry to catch the bus.

I've checked all the shuttle companies that I could find and the latest the a collective shuttle leaves Alajeula is 1:00pm. If I was to arrive later at night I would have no problem going to Alajeula for the night and leaving in the morning but arriving at 2pm means hanging around in Alajeula and chomping at the bit to get on with my journey.

One alternative is to zip into Pavas and catch the 4pm flight with natureair or indeed to hire a cab to Punteranus which would be cheaper to share with fellow travellers.

Thanks for you reply Roadadvisor, I always enjoy your posts:)

waterloo,ON
reviews: 6
3. Re: Does anyone want to share a shutte Jan. 26 from Airport

You could take a taxi/shuttle to Jaco and the speed boat from Jaco to Montezuma. I have done it using Zuma tours and it is MUCH better than the ferry.

LONG ISLAND,NY
reviews: 20
4. Re: Does anyone want to share a shutte Jan. 26 from Airport

Contact Montezuma Expeditions they are very helpful.......but making that last ferry may still be a problem.

Montezuma, Costa...
reviews: 8
5. Re: Does anyone want to share a shutte Jan. 26 from Airport

Tthe companies that do the speedboat from Jaco are Zuma Tours or Cocozuma. (Zuma much the better) but you arrive too late for it

Myself, I love the ferry, and it is true there is no bus waiting for the last ferry, As I think you are planning, I would suggest getting a taxi or shuttle for the 5:00 ferry, thgat way you get the bus to Montezuma ((you probably know you have to change in Cobano for the last 7 km) . Or if you miss the 5:00 ferry, get a taxi from Paquera on the late ferry. You can probably meet someone on the ferry to share with, as everyone will be stuckI

Be sure to book a room that night at least in Monte

6. Re: Does anyone want to share a shutte Jan. 26 from Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:41 pm, June 22, 2013