We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anything new in Montezuma??

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
waterloo,ON
reviews: 6
Anything new in Montezuma??

My husband and I will be returning to the beautiful Casa Frangipani up on the hill in Montezuma for another 2 weeks in Feb. (we were there last Feb also).

We loved Montezuma! We are wondering if anything has changed in Montezuma, new restaurants, new shops? Anything that would interest a traveler? Thanks!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
1. Re: Anything new in Montezuma??

Dear Mariposa

I drive often to Montezuma...but maybe because I do not pay attention...I have had not noticed any big changes in the last year or so!

Still great as always!

roadadvisor

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 5
2. Re: Anything new in Montezuma??

Hey Mariposa,

So funny that you also are returning to Montezuma the same time as us. We were also there last February and returning again this year! We are going for a total different experience, as we are travelling with a larger group and staying in one of the sheshe villas perched up on the mountains. Last time we staying in Hotel Amor de Mar, which was also great. If you haven't had breakfast on their patio before, make sure you do this time around...awesome. Enjoy CR!

Ken

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
reviews: 36
3. Re: Anything new in Montezuma??

That's got to be one of things I like the most about Montezuma, nothing much ever does change. I am sure there is some new stuff but it always feels the same for me when I am out that way. I have been going there for years and it's one of my favs.

Someone will chime in soon from the area that can give a better update. Look for yellabrickcr, she will know.

Cheers and welcome back to both marripossa and kenboyd

waterloo,ON
4. Re: Anything new in Montezuma??

Hey Ken, we must have both loved Montezuma!

I just found it very relaxing, perfect weather and our dollar stretched more than in other areas of CR. what villa are you staying at?

We are staying at Casa Frangipani up in the hills, just like last year. We loved Montezuma, but we would rather be up in the quiet of the hills than the bustle of town. And we saw a ton of wild life everyday being up in the hills

Any restaurants that you liked? We just found out our favorite, Taironas just closed because of landlord issues. let me know your favorites.

Montezuma, Costa...
reviews: 8
5. Re: Anything new in Montezuma??

Cocolores is my favourite restaurant for supper. Yolanda,of the recently closed Taironas, is proving fresh pasta to them, so you can still get her fantastic food. Also I love thier starters bruschetta, clams in white wine. For a main course, my husband always goes for the shrimp in cocoanut, I love the grilled squid - they cook it perfectly.

For breakfast or lunch - Monte Sol soda for traditional CR food, or the place that is in the location that Buen Provecho used to be does great food, the smoked fish sandwich is what I laways have.

The new pizza place next to Chicos bar has done a great improvement on pizza.

As another option - take a trip to Cobano, Diamante (which everyone knows as Las Piscinas) is a wonderful setting with a huge patio aside 2 swimming pools and the owner used to be the chef at Sano Banano - so you get the great food at a fraction of the cost. It's worth the taxi fare - or even bus there and taxi back to save a bit

Sano Banano & Playa Artistas are good, but I find overpriced for what you get - the prices are equal to or more than you would pay in North America

Montezuma, Costa...
reviews: 8
6. Re: Anything new in Montezuma??

I forgot to mention - They have widened & paved the steepest curves parts of hill road into Montezuma

Lake Havasu City...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
reviews: 4
7. Re: Anything new in Montezuma??

Thanks for the great info yellabrickcr, you 're the best!

waterloo,ON
8. Re: Anything new in Montezuma??

Wow they paved the hill! great because our Villa is at the top of the hill, thanks for the info!

9. Re: Anything new in Montezuma??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, November 16, 2012