We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving from Montezuma to Samara in Dry Season

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
reviews: 1
Driving from Montezuma to Samara in Dry Season

Hello,

We are planning our 3rd trip back to Costa Rica for this January. I have always wanted to make the drive up the southern pacific coast of the peninsula but have thus far been convinced not to by various reviews and car rental websites. I am wondering if anyone has made this drive during the dry season and if it is difficult to cross the rivers in an 4wD SUV then. Also if it is somewhat difficult could anyone recommend a tour or guide who could take us? I am interested in visiting some empty landscapes and seeing some wild places I haven't seen yet.

Thanks

San Jose, Costa Rica
11. Re: Driving from Montezuma to Samara in Dry Season

Dear weathergirl...

Feb is dry season...better to check with locals ...that know the route...just be carefullllw ho is giving you advice...better to wait once you are here and the day you are planning to drive...

Most of the time and based on my driving experience around that part of the country...I may said that can be OK...but please do not take any chances...

Most of the time I walk across the river...then drive the car...even better if is another car with you...

roadadvisor

12. Re: Driving from Montezuma to Samara in Dry Season

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 am, October 26, 2012