We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Local bus in Malpais?

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
reviews: 14
Local bus in Malpais?

Are there local buses that connect Santa Teresa, Malpais and Montezuma? If so, how often do they run, and where can you pick them up?

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
reviews: 10
1. Re: Local bus in Malpais?

Hi!

Yes, there are local buses that connect the areas:

Here is a link to the local bus schedule:

nicoyazoom.com/en/…bus-ferry-schedual.html

In Santa Teresa and Mal Pais, the bus picks up at a variety of places, but you can guarantee to get on at the cross-roads before it heads inland toward Cobano. In Cobano, you make your transfer right in the middle of town as you would in Montezuma to get to Cobano.

Montezuma, Costa...
reviews: 8
2. Re: Local bus in Malpais?

Yes, as said above, - you just have to transfer in Cobano.

The Montezuma - Cobano bus runs every 2 hours or so.

Chicago
reviews: 14
3. Re: Local bus in Malpais?

Thanks. Approximately how long are the trips, Malpais/Cobano and Cobano/Montezuma? and the cost?

4. Re: Local bus in Malpais?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:02 am, September 07, 2011
Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
reviews: 10
5. Re: Local bus in Malpais?

Mal Pais/Cobano approx. 30-40 min.

Cobano/Montezuma 20-30 min.

depending on traffic, potholes, cows and dogs on the road.....

Montezuma, Costa...
6. Re: Local bus in Malpais?

Above is correct on time. Cost is next to nothing like $1:50 from malpais,- and 70 cents from Cobano - Montezuma

Montezuma, Costa...
7. Re: Local bus in Malpais?

LOL - Not to mention me & my horses which are sometimes on the road as well, along with schoolchildren, and other pedestrians.

Joking aside - these are all good reasons for everyone to take it easy on the road.

Right now - the road is in pretty good condition, but that can easily change with a hard rain

waterloo,ON
reviews: 6
8. Re: Local bus in Malpais?

Hi there, we are wanting to take public transport from Montezuma-st teresa. I checked the above link to Nicoya zoom and it say I can get a bus from monzuma-cobano ( 10am and cobano to santa teresa at 10:30. Can anyone confirm this for me? Thanks!

Montezuma, Costa...
9. Re: Local bus in Malpais?

That sounds right - the buses hook up with each other in Cobano. But do check a day or two before you go to make sure the times haven't changed, they tend to vary a bit sometimes with ferry times and are up to a 1/2 hour late, but in my experience they always wait for each other in Cobano.

The other option is to get a taxi through the shortcut which will save you lots of time, but cost more

10. Re: Local bus in Malpais?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, March 02, 2013