We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

29 single dudes, nightlife

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
South Bend, Indiana
reviews: 1
29 single dudes, nightlife

Hey Guys,

I am traveling to Costa Rica over Labor Day weekend with a good friend of mine. We have been trying to figure out where to go since we only have 5 days. We have narrowed it down to Tamarindo, Puerto Viejo, and Montezuma.

The question I have is that we want to have a good nightlife with plenty of options with a day scene that would allow us to get some sun and do activities.

Would Montezuma be a good place for us? I have heard it's small with only 1 or 2 bars.

Thank for you help in advance,

Bowen

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
reviews: 110
1. Re: 29 single dudes, nightlife

If these are your 3 choices and you want "plenty" of options then Tamarindo is your only option. Can you fly into Liberia instead of San Jose? Do you have 5 full nights? Traveling from point to point can take up much of your time. Often you will need to spend a night or two in San Jose to catch a flight.

Lake Havasu City...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
reviews: 4
2. Re: 29 single dudes, nightlife

You might not have sun, it could get rainy in September, but Montezuma is a laid back town, maybe Tamarindo or Jaco on the Pacific, for sure PV would be your best bet for nightlife and sun combination in September.

South Bend, Indiana
reviews: 1
3. Re: 29 single dudes, nightlife

Our flight options are the best to fly into San Jose, we will have 5 nights fly in wed afternoon leave mon.

With this said, what do you think?

Thanks,

Bowen

Uvita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Uvita, Ojochal
reviews: 28
4. Re: 29 single dudes, nightlife

Out of San Jose, Jaco would be your closest beach destination with a lot of night life, party, beach and tour options. Many of the Costa Rican beach towns are layed back with a few other exeptions like Tamarindo and a few other.

Edited: 11:42 am, July 15, 2011
Montezuma, Costa...
reviews: 8
5. Re: 29 single dudes, nightlife

While I love Montezuma, I agree that Jaco is your best option for what you want - it's only 2 hours from San Jose, loads of nightlife. It has beaches, but as others said, you may not get so much sun in September

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
reviews: 110
6. Re: 29 single dudes, nightlife

IMO Jaco is the best option for the amount of time you have. I also think it is a good option during the rainy season because you have more options if it is raining a bunch in Jaco. This last week it rained a ton in Manuel Antonio. Guides couldn't use their telescopes to give tours, everyone was stuck in their hotels. We ran down for one night and got lucky with a few hours each day with out rain. I met 4 couples, seperately, and it was their first visit to CR. They said they would never come again they were so miserable. Last night I went out in Jaco and met a women . Both of us had just come from Manuel Antonio and met eachother at Tabacon during a down pour. She was so happy to be in a town during the rain and have options to do things indoors.

Montezuma, Costa...
reviews: 8
7. Re: 29 single dudes, nightlife

It's not just rainy season - when it nornally just rains a few hours a day, or at night, There has been a severe low pressure system that has caused an unsual amount of rain over the past 5 or 6 days.

Sorry for the people who will never come again, they just had bad luck in their timing

nyc
reviews: 17
8. Re: 29 single dudes, nightlife

i travel frequently to PV and Montezma, both small hippie towns, yet full of fun and parties. Sept is lower season, and you will find rain. I was just in montezuma and PV both in june and low season is much more chill. I would recommend PV, september is one of the dryest months, and you are sure to find the fun you are looking for.

Def try montezuma in dry season its an awesome town also, with cool towns around it, but for september PV for sure. More people traveling through, always a party on the carribean

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
9. Re: 29 single dudes, nightlife

I really like Montezuma...but in your case maybe not the correct place...JACO is waiting for you!

roadadvisor

10. Re: 29 single dudes, nightlife

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, October 04, 2012